Hirsty at logger heads .

David Hirst attended the match at Hillsbro on Wednesday , his first return since he packed in his job as an academy coach and hospitality host at the club.

He is at loggerheads with the team management because they seem to be ignoring his son George who has only had two on the bench appearances this season .

George is the best prospect we have had for years and is attracting interest from the premiership big hitters.

Some on these threads may point out that the club are bringing him on slowly so as to protect his development , my feeling is that some of the best players this Country has ever seen inc Best and Rooney where first team regulars long before the ripe old age of 18.

Use it or lose it seems to be the way ahead.

David Hirst attended the match at Hillsbro on Wednesday , his first return since he packed in his job as an academy coach and hospitality host at the club.

He is at loggerheads with the team management because they seem to be ignoring his son George who has only had two on the bench appearances this season .

George is the best prospect we have had for years and is attracting interest from the premiership big hitters.

Some on these threads may point out that the club are bringing him on slowly so as to protect his development , my feeling is that some of the best players this Country has ever seen inc Best and Rooney where first team regulars long before the ripe old age of 18.

Surely the management of the club should decide when he's ready and not his dad (the legend that he is) I've spoken to people that have watched his progress and they think he's still a bit lightweight for competitive Championship football. Premier clubs can offer young players £50k a week and let them vanish if one comes in here's nothing we can do. Our forwards are not really the problem currently.

Surely the management of the club should decide when he's ready and not his dad (the legend that he is) I've spoken to people that have watched his progress and they think he's still a bit lightweight for competitive Championship football. Premier clubs can offer young players £50k a week and let them vanish if one comes in here's nothing we can do. Our forwards are not really the problem currently.

I watched him in the game against Millwall U23's and although he is definitely a finisher, he is undoubtedly a bit lightweight. I think young George needs a summer on the weights and 3 months on loan at the start of the season (Chesterfield would be a good match)

He's nowhere near ready.

I've seen him a few times this season and have to say he looks like he has grown and bulked a bit (in the millwall game) but he's not ready. Needs a season out on loan.

He's nowhere near ready.

I've seen him a few times this season and have to say he looks like he has grown and bulked a bit (in the millwall game) but he's not ready. Needs a season out on loan.

I remember watching Georgie Best play against the Owls at Hillsbro (I think Sam Ellis was at centre half), Georgie weighed around 8 stone wet through and was pithed but skipped around the Owls heavy brigade at will .

I have forgot how many goals he scored that match but will never forget him taking the Micky out of our much bigger lads.

I remember watching Georgie Best play against the Owls at Hillsbro (I think Sam Ellis was at centre half), Georgie weighed around 8 stone wet through and was pithed but skipped around the Owls heavy brigade at will .

I have forgot how many goals he scored that match but will never forget him taking the Micky out of our much bigger lads.

Best was one of the most talented players the football world has ever produced, no comparison.

Doesn't mean young Hirsty would be able to do that.

If you're good enough you're old enough. At the moment he's a talent but not ready. Hirst would be easily brushed aside as it stands in my opinion. A season on loan will do him wonders.

Best was one of the most talented players the football world has ever produced, no comparison.

The comparison is in the age and apparent light weight .

At eighteen most working lads are performing manual labour along side their colleges as well as serving in the forces.

Remember when we were eighteen eh!;)

The comparison is in the age and apparent light weight .

At eighteen most working lads are performing manual labour along side their colleges as well as serving in the forces.

Remember when we were eighteen eh!;)

The light weight comment is based on seeing the lad play and having an opinion from that.

He looked better and stronger against Hull (I said millwall in error earlier post) than when I've seen him before.

Lightweight or not George scored thirty four goals in which he played last season. It would be good if he could put on a few pounds this next year, his coaches will know that for sure. In my opinion i would give him a deal three year and loan him out next season. How much say his father has i don,t know he like any father wants the best for his son whether it be with the Owls or someone else. He is certainly showing potential at this moment in time.

The light weight comment is based on seeing the lad play and having an opinion from that.

He looked better and stronger against Hull (I said millwall in error earlier post) than when I've seen him before.

As for Millwall, the Lions are back in the Championship, oh dear !

Wrong on all counts ..,

David Hirst has been to Hillsborough at most home games since resigning from his roles at Wednesday..

His resignation from the club is to save any conflict between himself & the club over the terms offered to his son to sign a new contract...his current one has another year to go...Hirst junior and or his representatives & the club are miles apart on what he's worth salary wise ..hence why he's not signed a new one.

Its nothing to do with his lack of first team appearances it's all about money.