NUM Building development - Turtle Bay etc

Work has started 2 more fairly big brands going in to the city centre, Pitcher and Piano and Turtle Bay. Along with the Alchemist going in to Leopold Square maybe we can get a Miller and Carter soon!

Should be finished by March/April next year.

I don't know what those are....

It would be nice to have another gay venue, to complement OMG and start creating a 'gay village' like that in Leeds; maybe a cocktail lounge like Oscars in Manchester or a fulltime showbar with drag but also other 'Burlesque' entertainment for the Mainstream market.

So they're pubs. How novel.

:

Pubs to me are the Red Deer, The Bath, Fagans etc.

These are chain restaurants, an improvement on a long abandoned building.

you really couldn't make it up, at a time when Sheffield city centre is in dire need to some big names shopwise and Restaurant wise, Sheffield Planners decided to stick the boot into Turtle Bay Restaurants and make petty restrictions on the use of stairs? apparently the planners dont want waiters running up and down stairs mixed with customers? Really?? have a look at busy restaurants in London , Manchester and Leeds!! quite a few have this between levels and it works just fine and it adds to atmosphere of the place? to insist on a dumb waiter lift will slow up service and give the business a significant cost.

i agree Health and safety has to be observed but really????.

this business operates another 34 sites without problem? but hey this is sheffield:loopy::loopy:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-turtle-bay-restaurant-gets-the-go-ahead-but-with-one-big-condition-1-8123205

Edited by pmurtdlanod1

Although it's nothing to do with "Sheffield Planners" is it?

It was health protection officers who raised objections and the licensing committee that agreed with them.

Turtle Bay restaurant gets go ahead.

you really couldn't make it up, at a time when Sheffield city centre is in dire need to some big names shopwise and Restaurant wise, Sheffield Planners decided to stick the boot into Turtle Bay Restaurants and make petty restrictions on the use of stairs? apparently the planners dont want waiters running up and down stairs mixed with customers? Really?? have a look at busy restaurants in London , Manchester and Leeds!! quite a few have this between levels and it works just fine and it adds to atmosphere of the place? to insist on a dumb waiter lift will slow up service and give the business a significant cost.

this business operates another 34 sites without problem? but hey this is sheffield:loopy::loopy:

Can you tell me which busy restaurants these are? Because I can't think of any and tried a fair few. To me it makes perfect sense, it isn't like there aren't premises available where staff wouldn't have to do this. If it was a separated staircase it would be less of an issue, but having worked in a bar where we had to cover three floors I can tell you that staff will hate it. Constantly running up and down stairs is fine for an hour or two when you are fit, it becomes an enormous task after that and really zaps your energy, try it for yourself.

Yeah - really !

Nothing to do with the city but with safety !

Nothing to do with Sheffield Planners either :rolleyes:

It makes more sence to have a lift, what if you were going up the stairs and a waiter was going down stairs with something hot bumped into each other you would not be a happy bunny.

Although it's nothing to do with "Sheffield Planners" is it?

It was health protection officers who raised objections and the licensing committee that agreed with them.

Turtle Bay restaurant gets go ahead.

planners, health and safety, licencing all work together:roll: the company i reckon will appeal it.

---------- Post added 14-09-2016 at 18:50 ----------

Can you tell me which busy restaurants these are? Because I can't think of any and tried a fair few. To me it makes perfect sense, it isn't like there aren't premises available where staff wouldn't have to do this. If it was a separated staircase it would be less of an issue, but having worked in a bar where we had to cover three floors I can tell you that staff will hate it. Constantly running up and down stairs is fine for an hour or two when you are fit, it becomes an enormous task after that and really zaps your energy, try it for yourself.

cant think of specific names but certainly china town in London, around the lights in Leeds, canal area in Manchester Comedy store, the Spanish tapas one on Deansgate and plenty more, in fact even in Sheffield blue 88 and Baan Thai:o

planners, health and safety, licencing all work together:roll: the company i reckon will appeal it.

---------- Post added 14-09-2016 at 18:50 ----------

cant think of specific names but certainly china town in London, around the lights in Leeds, canal area in Manchester Comedy store, the Spanish tapas one on Deansgate and plenty more, in fact even in Sheffield blue 88 and Baan Thai:o

I hope they do and come to some kind of compromise.