The Barrel Inn on London Road

has the barrel inn on london closed down? over the last three days been closed and the curtains are drawn closed anyone know if its closed for good or not?

i passed there today it looks like its joined the other pubs in sheffield, in that brewery in the sky, gone the way of others far to many

i passed there today it looks like its joined the other pubs in sheffield, in that brewery in the sky, gone the way of others far to many

been past today its back open im pleased to say. like you say far to many have closed for good the barrel a few years did close for a time but reopened its a very old pub shame the tramway across the road cant be brought back to life.

Its open now. Maybe they don't open until the evenings on Mon, Tues, Weds or something? I know a lot of pubs have started doing that!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

is it still run by a lady called diane?

The Barrel Inn is now being run by Lee & Donna (previously of The Golden Lion).

The pub has been cleaned up and is serving great tasting beer with sky sports installed on 2 large screen TV's.

For the first home match of the season (Blades vs Chesterfield) we will selling Carling at £2.50 a pint in addition to our great everyday prices.

Why not give us a try?

August prices everyday all day

£2.50 Stones & John Smiths

£2.80 Strongbow

£2.90 Stella

£2.80 Carling (£2.50 for 1st home game)

If the beers half as good as it was at the Lion it will be rammed every matchday.

If the beers half as good as it was at the Lion it will be rammed every matchday.

Cheers for this. We reckon it's just as good!!

Hopefully lots of people will give us a try

The Barrel Inn is now being run by Lee & Donna (previously of The Golden Lion).

The pub has been cleaned up and is serving great tasting beer with sky sports installed on 2 large screen TV's.

For the first home match of the season (Blades vs Chesterfield) we will selling Carling at £2.50 a pint in addition to our great everyday prices.

Why not give us a try?

August prices everyday all day

£2.50 Stones & John Smiths

£2.80 Strongbow

£2.90 Stella

£2.80 Carling (£2.50 for 1st home game)

Where are your great tasting beers though please?

Where are your great tasting beers though please?

Everyone has different opinions and preferences on drinks & beers. These are the ones we sell and we keep them at the highest quality so they taste as they should.

We are currently making improvements to the pub so new beers may be available in the future.

Everyone has different opinions and preferences on drinks & beers. These are the ones we sell and we keep them at the highest quality so they taste as they should.

We are currently making improvements to the pub so new beers may be available in the future.

I appreciate that there is nothing wrong at all with a decent pint of stones,

However if i came in to your pub and saw that lined up on the bar i would simply walk out.

Its all mass market stuff. I am not saying you should get real ale but maybe something a little bit more attractive?