My Employers shafting us big time

the best comeback in relation to this i ever heard was from an old lad who had worked for the company for many years,he was talking to the manager about proposed cuts in wages and productivity output,it went something like this , manager ...yes i know the manchester lads get a pound an hour more but we cant afford to pay it here in sheffield as there is a differance in production levels

old man ,taking pipe from his mouth ...aye there is a differance lad ,see if we get £ 3.75 an hour,thats how much work you get out of us and that relates to the amount of work that gets put down on the shop floor,now if we got the same as the manchester lads ,thats £ 4 .75p an hour then no doubt productivity would go up ,does tha see?..

the manager couldnt really argue with the old mans logic

Or alternatively, the employer could say.

"Work as hard as the people in Manchester, or I'll sack you all. With up to 6 million people seeking work, you would be replaced within a week"

Or alternatively, the employer could say.

"Work as hard as the people in Manchester, or I'll sack you all. With up to 6 million people seeking work, you would be replaced within a week"

not really as it would have taken a long time to train 5 men on how to run a galvanise strip rolling set up, he got his wage increase by the way

Some employers don't believe in giving contracts.

I know of a few people who work without contracts, and they are asked to work whereever and whenever.

HOw do they get round this? easy, the employees are afraid of the dole and so will do what they have to do to keep a job

Every employee is legally entitled to a contract of employment.

How you enforce it, I'm not quite sure, but any court or tribunal will take a very dim view of an employer who fails to provide employees with a contract.

Took my employer (ex) to a tribunal and the compensation award was increased by 25% because he had failed to provide a contract.

If you carry on working under the new conditions, you must object in writing or you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.