Getting rid of floor grout

I had my bathroom floor tiled and the guy was useless, leaving floor grout all over the tile lines. I can't seem to get rid, even with a wire brush.

Is there an easy way, or a product I can use, to rid myself of this grey horror.

It's bad, so bad I'm thinking of having the whole floor retiled.

I have exactly the same problem except on my wall tiles in the bathroom so would welcome some advice, thanks

Edited by Zara99
spelling error

what kind tiles are down are they slate,porcline ext ?

also what size area

Mine are the usual bathroom tiles and the area is all of the shower area

theres a few produts to use if you send me picys to me email ill respond with best product or a price for me to do this

thanks

garry

If they are smooth tiles, then you may have some success by using one of those glass scrapers, the type which takes a Stanley blade in the end. These can remove hardened paint spots on furniture without marking the surface. It depends how thick the grout is on the surface of the tile, although for thin films wire wool (lubricated with turps) of various grades can be effective.

what kind tiles are down are they slate,porcline ext ?

also what size area

They're cheap slate tiles, which makes it worse. If they were gloss, it would be easier.

The floor space is 2 sqm, quite small. They also look crap as the tile spacers he must have used were pretty big, almost a centimetre in width. :confused:

chinaski, could you colour the grouting the same colour as the tiles?

That might improve the appearance.

Granma.

Wash the floor with hot soapy water and use a wallpaper scraper on the grout while it is still wet.

like s6 diy mentioned, there are plenty of products on the market specifically for this purpose, pop into any good tile shop and you should be able to get what you need