Chain saw blades sharpening?

There used to be a place on effingham road , but cant remember name. Son needs chain saw sharpening can any one say if there is one in s9 area please

Its a diy job, using a small round file...

Rotatech?

12 Parkway Close

S9 4WJ

0114 278 9090

There used to be a place on effingham road , but cant remember name. Son needs chain saw sharpening can any one say if there is one in s9 area please

West Saw Sevices-Baltic works.

Each tooth of the chainsaw should have the filing angle stamped on it, such as 30 for 30 degrees. Then its just a matter of establishing which diameter of round file the chain requires. Two forward passes only of the file at the correct angle on each tooth and the job is done

gunsons in hillsborough he has the machine to sharpen chainsaw chains :thumbsup:

West Saw Sevices-Baltic works.

Wests was bought out years ago, it's owned by AA tools now and is at 16 peter drive

Dronfield Lawnmowers will (probably) do it while you wait, depending on how busy they are with other things....two different pricings, cheaper if you take the chain off the bar yourself.

Rotatech dont sharpen chains. We went to Petre drive its £10 for the two chains. My oh knows how to sharpen them but was stumped with these. Titan name on saw.. thanks for info

buy a dremmel or similar and some 4mm rotary stones,been sharpening my own for years.

Gunsons at Hillsborough

You can buy decent quality chains on e/bay 2 for under £20 / i have done it for years and they are okay. Dont think its worth the hassle of getting them sharpened you can always sharpen them yourself easy enough and leave them on the saw whilst you do it . Files are for sale on e/b very cheap . To buy new count the links on the chain you take of Lay flat on a bench and count the points as it is very important I live in S13 and will give you a couple of files if you can come over [ Handsworth ]

Edited by spider1