Selling a car - recommendations?

I've done a search, but I couldn't find any recent threads on this.

I want to sell my car (3.5 year old Nissan) and won't be buying a new one so can't do a part exchange. I don't want the risks involved in selling it privately to an individual, as I've known a few friends who've had issues when doing this, so are there any car dealerships that people would recommend? There's obviously webuyanycar, but I'm guessing that they tend to offer the lowest prices. Can anyone suggest anywhere in Sheffield that's likely to give me a better price than them?

No dealer will give you full value for it as they are in business to sell cars. Whatever the price on webuyanycar is similar to what a dealer would pay.

I'm obviously not expecting a dealer to give me the same price someone would buy it from them for, but it was my understanding that the amount can vary from one dealer to another, and that webuyanycar tend to be the lowest as you're getting a lower price in return for a quick and convenient sale.

Pop on Autotrader and look at other cars ,you can then opt to trade in you car( i know you aren't) but it will give a trade in figure for your car. This is roughly all a dealer will give you,and usually they're all within £100 or so of each other.

The car lot near the city road cemetery gives a good price for cars. I sold mine to them and they gave me £200 less than it was worth. When I look at the price they had it up for sale it was for £200 more than they gave me. So they only made a £200 profit. Not bad really.

don't worry about selling privately, try the Sheffield star, folk can have an aa test and see what they buying

don't worry about selling privately, try the Sheffield star, folk can have an aa test and see what they buying

Does any one still buy cars advertised in star ? I know it's not cheap to advertise in said paper

webuyanycar don't always pay the lowest price it does vary a fair bit.

They gave my mate double what his car was actually worth and treble what he was expecting from them.