R.I.P George A Romero

From 'Night of the Living Dead'* onwards – a mainstay of cinema all-nighters.

* ETA: the 1968 original, of course.

Edited by horribleblob

Expect lots of jokes about him coming back as a zombie - I think he practically invented the zombie genre.

Funnily enough, it's not the zombie films he directed that I'll remember him for. Martin, his unique take on the vampire genre was wonderful.

A personal high for me was seeing the horror double bill on BBC2 in 1980 when I was way too young to watch, Romero's The Crazies was shown before 'La Cabina'. Wonderful!

Expect lots of jokes about him coming back as a zombie - I think he practically invented the zombie genre.

Funnily enough, it's not the zombie films he directed that I'll remember him for. Martin, his unique take on the vampire genre was wonderful.

A personal high for me was seeing the horror double bill on BBC2 in 1980 when I was way too young to watch, Romero's The Crazies was shown before 'La Cabina'. Wonderful!

I used to love those horror double bills, old B&W film first followed by something more up to date, I remember watching The Crazies - very good, there was an awful remake a few years ago.

I used to love those horror double bills, old B&W film first followed by something more up to date, I remember watching The Crazies - very good, there was an awful remake a few years ago.

I've chatted to quite a few people, and lots seem to remember watching them, even though it's over 35 years ago since they were screened!

God rest his soul.

"Martin" is one of the most disturbing and creepiest horror films ever made.

Just remembering it gives me the shivers.

I've chatted to quite a few people, and lots seem to remember watching them, even though it's over 35 years ago since they were screened!

Great nights I was in early teens so staying up for the second film was an ordeal at times but it introduced me to some great films, the first on the bill could be a bit creaky but it was a great tradition.

The giant rabbit film Night of the Lepus has sprung to mind :hihi:

TMZ have just got breaking news Goerge has been seen walking around New York how ironic is that ?

Rest in peace, George

yup i remember the double features on telly, i was into the hammer and universal horrors before i got into gore films, particularly zombie films, thanks George