Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor

Shiny Sheff should have packed it in a while back when some fool tried to rename it The Sheffield.

It was never going to work.

Awful pub.

Hi Dan. Unlike Enterprise and Punch, M&B run an estate of directly managed houses. The Company is the old Bass Taverns estate. Punch and Enterprise operate in the leased and tenanted market.

Can you give me an example of an M&B pub that in recent years has become a supermarket?

Not a nasty style question. Just would like to know.

Edited by Lurgh Mor

I had a stroll up the other night and was pleased to see it was open so I called in. The decor is a weird mish-mash of styles and colours, like they had various bits and pots of paint left over from another job so bunged them all in here.

They had 3 hand pumps on and several punters were in. Staff friendly. Good luck to them, the area needs it to keep open.

Went in on Friday night and couldn't believe they shut at 11 pm. Don't think I've ever seen a pub close at 11 pm on a Friday night!

Went in on Friday night and couldn't believe they shut at 11 pm. Don't think I've ever seen a pub close at 11 pm on a Friday night!

Hi Colin. Maybe you should start your own food and drink emporium. Then you could keep it open 24/7.

(It might keep you busy enough to stop you from moaning about pubs and cafes sticking to their published hours.)

Hi Colin. Maybe you should start your own food and drink emporium. Then you could keep it open 24/7.

(It might keep you busy enough to stop you from moaning about pubs and cafes sticking to their published hours.)

Oh give over! What a stupid post.

Edited by Colin Foster

Has this pub set sail again or is it still dropped anchor in port?

:confused: