Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

Can anyone recommend a good local Window company. I am looking to have 2 new bedroom windows fitted (upvc) and a misted unit in another replaced. obviously the company must be able to be competitive with price and offer a long warranty.

many thanks in advance for any input.

A.

Getting a few quotes in from the usual big names, but they seem really expensive so far. Has anyone got any recommendations please? Im wary of the cheap websites, but we don't have a huge budget! thanks

Try Nulife window company ,on middlewood rd, excellent prices & quality

Composite door vs UPVC door. I need some new doors can anyone recommend a company?

Also has anyone had some fitted recently ? What sort of prices are you looking at roughly.

I'm looking to get trickle vents added to my uPVC windows to help improve ventilation. Can anyone recommend someone who may be able to help? I'm in S6 (Hillsborough). Thanks

I used these guys for replacement misted units and they were competitive

http://www.windowrepairexperts.co.uk

I've also used Mosborough Glazing for a composite door ,and they seem reasonable and very amiable.

I was quoted roughly £800 for a composite door and £200 ish for a side panel.

Now the heavens have opened we seem to have sprung a leak in our conservatory roof - any repair person recommendations (perhaps local to Chapeltown or High Green) out there please? Cheers!

Hello,

Anyone knows the local small cheaper PVC double glazing window making company?

We like to order several and install them by ourselves, but beyond our budget from some popular double glazing window companies---

many thanks.

Just had new windows and a door in the porch with Safestyle and they have done a very nice job. Cost wise I was happy with it.

Decided to change the rest of the front of the house to match as we went for a light oak colour as I am not a fan of the standard white UPVC frames that were sold mass market to the whole of the UK it seems. So now the house does not match the porch.

Were just doing the nursery window to start which is the box room so not huge. its 1200mm x 1200mm with a 3/4 height left opening window and a top split opener for airflow and the ability to leave it safe open so kids can't fall out.

Now the price quoted is £900 fitted. They did say they need scaffolding as its over the porch so they can't just use a ladder due heath and safety so there was another £200 ish on top for that. And the oak colour costs more than white.

Just looking at it I can't but help think that sounds a lot for 1 window. Originally it was quoted at £1250ish and the £900 is the bartering price after the ill have to ring the office acting they like to do in order to be your "Mate" and get you the "Best Deal" hate that stuff. Its so fake but they just don't see it and carry on like your all in awe of him been "Your Mate".

Anyway I paid a £100 deposit and they are surveying tomorrow to fit it in a few weeks.

Is it to much?

Best thing to do is contact a couple more companies to see how their prices compare but remember no two companies produtswill be a 100% same speciation

I recently replaced a door panel - the cost to have oak instead of white doubled the price. This was from a manufacturer who i have faith in,so it is likely to be costly.

Although smaller dimensionally than yours, my last window fitter fitted the window frames from inside the house. The window was over my conservatory.

I've just had a 1200 x 900 white window. One large window with two top openers for less than £200.

Shop around even if you're financing the purchase through the company,others are better and cheaper than Safestyle. If your paying "cash" i strongly recommend Roundbrand.

I recently replaced a door panel - the cost to have oak instead of white doubled the price. This was from a manufacturer who i have faith in,so it is likely to be costly.

Although smaller dimensionally than yours, my last window fitter fitted the window frames from inside the house. The window was over my conservatory.

I've just had a 1200 x 900 white window. One large window with two top openers for less than £200.

Shop around even if you're financing the purchase through the company,others are better and cheaper than Safestyle. If your paying "cash" i strongly recommend Roundbrand.

Thanks for that.... It is a cash purchase. I just gave them £2500 cash for the porch which I do think looks value for money but as you say get other quotes. I could potentially have done a lot better.