Harry "No Royal wants to be King or Queen"

How are the royals 'go getters?' They're born into that position, and even by the admission of Harry, they can't be arsed to take the top job!

Go back and read the post, your taking it out of context, I did not infer what you are making out with that comment, the op posted this:

Can you believe this statement? In my dreams....

I think its time to abolish the monarchy and make this country a fairer society for all, not just a haven and beneficial for the rich...

My point was that there are plenty of rich people who are rich because they are 'go getters' and there are plenty of poor people who are poor because they 'can't be arsed', there is everything in between of course, but if someone's ideology is to equate us all by robbing the wealthy they are beyond deluded !

If we all started out tomorrow with nothing, there would be those who achieve and those who don't, the strongest and the fittest will always lead the way, sorry to burst those delusions.

Edited by Michael_W

Go back and read the post, your taking it out of context, I did not infer what you are making out with that comment, the op posted this:

My point was that there are plenty of rich people who are rich because they are 'go getters' and there are plenty of poor people who are poor because they 'can't be arsed', there is everything in between of course, but if someone's ideology is to equate us all by robbing the wealthy they are beyond deluded!

If we all started out tomorrow with nothing, there would be those who achieve and those who don't, the strongest and the fittest will always lead the way, sorry to burst those delusions.

I have never said anything about robbing the wealthy and I'm not deluded, wanting a fairer society for all to help to make this a better world for all to live in.

Unfortunately, the world we live in is in such a mess, the capitalist system we live in, isn't working.

There is so much greed, resentment and hatred in people between those who have nothing and those who have everything, thats why we have so much corruption, greed, conflicts and wars.

It just shows how uncivilised humans are when we can't learn from the past.

I dread to think what will happen in the future.

I have never said anything about robbing the wealthy and I'm not deluded, wanting a fairer society for all to help to make this a better world for all to live in.

Unfortunately, the world we live in is in such a mess, the capitalist system we live in, isn't working.

There is so much greed, resentment and hatred in people between those who have nothing and those who have everything, thats why we have so much corruption, greed, conflicts and wars.

It just shows how uncivilised humans are when we can't learn from the past.

I dread to think what will happen in the future.

Yet you have no idea really how to make the world a fairer place, you call the capitalist system but fail to tell us your utopian alternative, if the success of others makes you resentful you have the problem, just how much wealth do you create to enable you to realistically help others less fortunate ?

Jeremy Corbyn for King!

King of what? The fairies ?

Well that's a happy coincidence because I don't want any of them to be king or queen either.

Two birds with one stone!

Brilliant post! Don't mind the Royal Family, but your post made me smile. :)

---------- Post added 25-06-2017 at 08:43 ----------

Of course they don't want to be Royal. There are plenty of people much richer than them living the life of Riley and enjoying their money. The poor old Royals have to mind their Ps and Qs, be seen to be on their best behaviour at all times, are very restricted in what they can do, and have to do endless visits and handshaking every day. They'd rather be free, and rich.

Mind you, offer them a council house and benefits instead and they might change their minds....

My thoughts too. I know having wealth would be nice, but their 'duties' must become so tedious.

I personally would much rather have Pippa's life than Kate's. :)

French Revolution

Russian revolution

American revolution

Iranian revolution

An endless list actually

Yes, endless revolutions and the deaths that they cause.

So your argument is ruined by your own examples.

Yes, endless revolutions and the deaths that they cause.

So your argument is ruined by your own examples.

No it isn't...think about it...:rolleyes:

Queen to get 8% pay rise.

But, as you ought to know, She receives no salary at all.

The Sovereign Grant and its predecessor the Civil List are only allocations of funds for reimbursement of expenses.

Your longed-for President would not do the job (or any job!) unpaid!

But, as you ought to know, She receives no salary at all.

The Sovereign Grant and its predecessor the Civil List are only allocations of funds for reimbursement of expenses.

Your longed-for President would not do the job (or any job!) unpaid!

For someone who receives 'no salary at all' she is doing remarkably well.

In 2015 she was worth £340 million and that was only for tax avoidance purposes.

Unlike the rest of us she isn't required to reveal her private finances.

Additionally the crown estates are worth £ 11.5 Billion, also 2015 figures.

The Crown Estates belong to the reigning monarch ' in right of the crown ' whilst ever they reign and is then inherited by the next in line to the throne .

A President would be paid a salary whilst in office and a pension once retired ( unless thrown out for some proven offence ) whatever that salary and pension was it would pale into insignificance by comparison to the monarchies riches.

Personally my preference for a president is based purely on democratic reasons.

A president serves a fixed term and can be replaced, a monarch can be the most obnoxious and unsuitable person imaginable ( Prince Andrew ) and yet still gets the gig with all its unearned deference and faux respect.

Left to me I would allow the queen to retain her £340 million or whatever it is now and retire to be a rich farmer and horse owner.

I'd also allow her to choose one of the royal palaces to retain, the rest become the property of the nation and are handed over to the tourist board.

The Crown Estates would become the property of the nation and all crown leasehold property would become the property of the leaseholder.

According to Harry the royals would be absolutely delighted with that arrangement and would want to award me a knighthood, if it were not for the fact that I'd have abolished all that anachronistic archaic nonsense.

But, as you ought to know..... blah blah

Try to avoid patronising replies.

But, as you ought to know..... blah blah

Try to avoid patronising replies.

Calm down, dear.