Mr Ed Miliband growling on the radio with Napalm Death

Sometimes I wonder if the world I live in has been turned ‘up site down’. Did anyone see that Ed Miliband who used to be the Labour Party manager going on the radio yesterday to sing songs with the top grindcore death metal crustpunks Napalm Death? Just think about that name for a start. Napalm Death?!! I used dictionaries to work out what it all means and basically a ‘Napalm Death’ is when you get killed by a horrible thing that burns your skin! Yuk. But yes, the MP for Doncaster North was really crooning with these crazy guys! They made him do a gut wrenching low pitched growl and he didn’t do a bad job actually. It just makes me think of all the weird music related politics what’s happened of late: Mr Jeremy Corbyn doing a press conferences with 1980s cod reggae stars UB40 (and then the other UB40 said “not in our name!”), Mr George Osborne getting down with NWA and Ice Cube bigging him up, and now this!).

When you think about it, it’s totally insane man!

Yes, I see that Miliband is sitting in for Jeremy Vine on R2 this week, and, presumably for political balance, next week will be the turn of Iain Duncan Smith. Not that I'll be listening to either of them, Napalm Death or no Napalm Death.

Music is very influential in politics. It was hearing 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton in a minicab on the way back from a Strawberry Sundae weekender in 1998 that convinced David Cameron that zero hours contracts were the way forward. Enticingly, he plans to premier his reworked duet with Dolly - Working 8 to 2 Three Times a Fortnight with no Right to Sick Pay at a battle of the bands in St. Helens in August. They will be pitched against none other than David Milliband who, in a typical show of sibling rivalry, has hooked up with local crust punk proto-grindcore legends Electro Hippies, leading off with Mega Armageddon Death Part 3 / You Suffer. Bring your kids.

Mark Thomas did it first with an mp lol

about 5.27 minutes in

although its air guitaring not vocals