Volkswagen t5's. What to look for?

Hello

I'm keen to buy a VW t5 but I'm very naive as to what to look for concerning things like mileage, service history, body condition, interior and other general maintenance.

Any help and advice would be most welcome

Cheers Will.

(Hope I put this in the right section)

With all the fun surrounding VW right now I personally would be looking on specific forums for common problems and things to check though they are popular so someone here might have some advice.

That being said can't go wrong with full service history and lots of receipts, specially if it doesn't come with a warranty

It needs to be regularly serviced.

Like any other vehicle parts break and wear out. You could be unlucky and have some expensive parts to replace. But servicing is a must once you have it. I always 'start again' and have it serviced knowing what has been done.

Avoid any dodgy bodywork as that is always extortionate.

Running costs can rise if you drive it hard and as they are fashionable as you pay a premium in comparison with other vans.

There's a lot of choice out there. A Transit remains ultra reliable but a rust bucket.

A galvanised body van will avoid that.

All manufacturers make a good van. But there are bad examples out there.