What draws you to reply to a thread ?

I read more than I post and I guess like Manlinose I'll weigh it up first. I find it can be very judgemental and lacking humour but then I've gone for politics like a fool :) it's not so friendly.

I've made a conscious decision not to bother my backside anymore with those threads.

Nail on the head here SP.

very soon alcoblog will reach the milestone of 10,000 posts. what a momentous occasion that will be. I think we should have a ceremony to mark this achievement. how about trish baking a big cake in the shape of a Hillsboro tree penguin and getting pete morris to present it to him. I'm sure alco will be very touched.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... the forum mole informs me that such ceremonies are only performed in strict secrecy within the inner sanctum of the forum with only a select few invited to witness the inauguration of the 'chosen one' into the band of Elite posters.

But be warned... with this great honour comes great responsibility.

The Elitists are no longer permitted to exhibit their sense of humour to the masses and must agree to encourage petty squabbling throughout the boards by making a minimum number of contentious posts each day... the less informative the better.

Only when they have successfully instigated a good old barney, resulting in at least one member of the masses being sent on a weekend break, do they become a fully fledged Elitist and receive forum immunity for all eternity... :o

Hmmm...

... the forum mole informs me that such ceremonies are only performed in strict secrecy within the inner sanctum of the forum with only a select few invited to witness the inauguration of the 'chosen one' into the band of Elite posters.

The Elitists are no longer permitted to exhibit their sense of humour to the masses and must agree to encourage petty squabbling throughout the boards by making a minimum number of contentious posts each day... the less informative the better.

Only when they have successfully instigated a good old barney, resulting in at least one member of the masses being sent on a weekend break, do they become a fully fledged Elitist and receive forum immunity for all eternity... :o

:wow: thanks for the info.

very soon alcoblog will reach the milestone of 10,000 posts. what a momentous occasion that will be. I think we should have a ceremony to mark this achievement. how about trish baking a big cake in the shape of a Hillsboro tree penguin and getting pete morris to present it to him. I'm sure alco will be very touched.

Some people say I'm already touched, not least my girlfriend. :suspect:

The idea of a gift does appeal though, due mainly to all the hard work (Googling, mending the keyboard with superglue, thinking etc) I've put into these quality posts of mine.

As such, rather than a specially commissioned cake (presumably already planned with 'jumping out lady'?), maybe something less bourgeoisie? How about making my long standing wish come true … just a simple dead wasp for every post I've made! :clap:

I've only got in total, six in pristine deadness after years of searching. My 10,000th post is pencilled in for early September, so there's plenty of time for Geoff and the mods to go dashing around with nets, jam jars and canisters of Raid.

Some people say I'm already touched, not least my girlfriend. :suspect:

The idea of a gift does appeal though, due mainly to all the hard work (Googling, mending the keyboard with superglue, thinking etc) I've put into these quality posts of mine.

As such, rather than a specially commissioned cake (presumably already planned with 'jumping out lady'?), maybe something less bourgeoisie? How about making my long standing wish come true … just a simple dead wasp for every post I've made! :clap:

I've only got in total, six in pristine deadness after years of searching. My 10,000th post is pencilled in for early September, so there's plenty of time for Geoff and the mods to go dashing around with nets, jam jars and canisters of Raid.

Your SF lifelong posting stats suggest this milestone is 7.1 days away.

If you respond to this post as opposed to not, your predicted day will be next Tuesdi :hihi:

Hmmm...

And they wear paisley pants with white terry towelling socks.:P

---------- Post added 27-06-2017 at 21:58 ----------

If you respond to this post as opposed to not, your predicted day will be next Tuesdi :hihi:

Only 4 months in Alcoblog's calender, so I think his prediction is correct.:huh:

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Hmmm...

... not wishing to be alarmist Mr Alco, but don't be fooled by friendly gestures from Elitist posters.

DO NOT under any circumstances be tempted to respond to their requests!

Certain members have obviously been tasked with monitoring your posting habits and are obviously out to test your suitability to join their ranks!

Be afraid... be very afraid! :suspect:

THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A POST MODS, SO PLEASE DON'T ADD IT ON TO MY TALLY! KEEP IT AT 9977 PLEASE

Wrong! I shan't be here next Tuesday, so there! Doing important stuff that doesn't involve computers (unless flight telemetry counts)

the tension is mounting, not long now. I think were all getting a bit nervous about when the event will actually happen. I'm definitely going to be glued to my screen to witness this happening. its a bit like watching the 1st man on the moon, the raising of the mary rose, England winning the world cup, and many more thingy"s. maybe we should ask the dup to demand of mrs may a national alcoblog day to celebrate his achievement. how about 1st of april. also spare a thought for the girlfriend who like the rest of us must be on tenterhooks. by the way I have 9 pristine wasps in my shed waiting to be despatched.

the tension is mounting, not long now. I think were all getting a bit nervous about when the event will actually happen. I'm definitely going to be glued to my screen to witness this happening. its a bit like watching the 1st man on the moon, the raising of the mary rose, England winning the world cup, and many more thingy"s. maybe we should ask the dup to demand of mrs may a national alcoblog day to celebrate his achievement. how about 1st of april. also spare a thought for the girlfriend who like the rest of us must be on tenterhooks. by the way I have 9 pristine wasps in my shed waiting to be despatched.

I hope they're dispatched despatched vespulas, otherwise no good whatsoever for me on Glory Day.

Blast! … yet another post! :gag:

yep. 21 to go.

---------- Post added 27-06-2017 at 22:46 ----------

sorry 20...