Selling on e bay, calculating fees.

Hi

jus to ask if i sold an item for 50 pound on e bay, buy it now, postage 6.00, how much would i pay in fees, paypal fees, etc, i did try the e bay calc, but struggled with it,

thanks

oh, and an item for 15.00, postage 2.90

Not sure if it still depends on category; but last time I sold on eBay, it was free to list, and a 10% final valuation fee (pretty sure that's just 10% of what you sell the item for, not including postage).

PayPal will also take a cut; think that's 3.4%

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 11:47 ----------

if i sold an item for 50 pound on e bay, buy it now, postage 6.00, how much would i pay in fees, paypal fees, etc, i did try the e bay calc, but struggled with it,

So, assuming buyer pays via PayPal.

£50 and £6 postage.

£56 goes to PayPal account, PayPal take 3.4% (£1.90), so £54.10 appears in your PayPal account.

eBay then takes 10% (£5) of your item sale price, they take that out of your PayPal account.

You now have £49.10 in your PayPal account.

Edited by Waldo

Paypal take 3.4% +20p which will be £2.10

Ebay will take 10% of the total (including postage) which will be £5.60

So the total fees will be £7.70

£56 less £7.70 = £48.30

Your second item will be

81p Paypal fees

£1.79 ebay fees

Leaving you with £15.30

Edited by kidneystone

tx for that, all.

btw, i put some shoes on, fixed price, but best offer has come on by mistake, i have had an offer, can i refuse, and ask the buyer to pay the full price, its not much difference, but the shoes are already a giveaway at the fixed price.

Edited by gamezone07

If you have an offer on an item; you can refuse, accept, or counter-offer. I think there's an option (when you list) to have 'best offer' or not.

---------- Post added 27-06-2017 at 15:45 ----------

Paypal take 3.4% +20p which will be £2.10

Ebay will take 10% of the total (including postage) which will be £5.60

So the total fees will be £7.70

£56 less £7.70 = £48.30

Your second item will be

81p Paypal fees

£1.79 ebay fees

Leaving you with £15.30

Thanks for that; didn't realise eBay also take 10% on postage too.

Ebay have been charging 10% on postage for a few years now. It was to combat people selling goods for a small charge then adding a ridiculous amount of postage in order to save on fees.

For example...selling an iphone for £2 then adding £250 postage

I think eBay's 10% is too high, although if anyone sells handmade items, Etsy is similar to ebay with slightly less seller fees.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 17:24 ----------

Does anyone have any alternatives to ebay and etsy for seliing?

Hi

jus to ask if i sold an item for 50 pound on e bay, buy it now, postage 6.00, how much would i pay in fees, paypal fees, etc, i did try the e bay calc, but struggled with it,

thanks

iv sold quite a few things on ebay, and the fees work out around 14% of your total bill

that's the cost of the item and postage combined

they take 10% postage fees as well as 10% item sale fees, and 3.75% paypal fees

so I work it out to 14% of the whole bill

eBay sometimes runs promotional offers on selling fees. To find out if you have any offers:

My eBay > All Selling > scroll to the bottom of the page to find promotional offers

If you sell owt on fleabay at a reasonably high price, the ebay and paypal costs are simply getting ridiculous. Unlike an auction house that have many overheads, fleabay as an online business must have very small overhead expenses. Is this about right, or am I way out.

Angel1.

Hi

thanks

Just sold an item on e.bay for £78.95 inc postage, paypal took £2.88 e.bay took £7.61

I've sold a fair bit on ebay. It's simple but the combined fees make it an expensive way to sell.

Usually with ebay listing fees, ebay final valuation fees, ebay postage fees, paypal fees, and then later by stealth..Luxemburg fees!! it usually adds up to around a quarter of what I made!!