Stair lifts help

Can any one help with stair lift companies. I need one fitting asap and am not sure of the best way to go

thanks in anticipation

I think a straight run, if that's what it is required, should be cheaper than one which has to be formed to the bends.

Perhaps choose one that has a locally available engineer on call if there are any issues.

I appreciate you say its urgent, but beware as I believe there are big profits and commissions in supplying stairlifts. Dealing with some of these companies is like dealing with double-glazing salesmen, once in it's hard to get rid until the deal is made. As I say if it's a straight run it should be quicker to get a quote, some of these deals are offered on ebay. However, they'll be pros and cons as far as warranties are concerned, I would think.

I appreciate you say its urgent, but beware as I believe there are big profits and commissions in supplying stairlifts. Dealing with some of these companies is like dealing with double-glazing salesmen, once in it's hard to get rid until the deal is made. As I say if it's a straight run it should be quicker to get a quote, some of these deals are offered on ebay. However, they'll be pros and cons as far as warranties are concerned, I would think.

Sound advice. I would contact Stayput Sheffield, they used to fit these at cost. This situation may have changed, but I'm sure they will be able to give you independent advice.

Last year a friend wanted one for his wife and won, on Freegle, a modern Acorn. We dismantled it, strapped it to the roof rack, took it home and bolted it to the stairs (luckily a straight run), plugged it in and off it went until recently when the battery wouldnt charge, and also a seperate issue with the electronics. The downside of these units is that the motor control electronics are complex. Can't win em all!

Depends on who it's for.

If the person requiring it has a short life expectancy,or, is likely to have to go into care in the reasonably near future, then consider renting.

Like carosio, I was dealing with the equiv of double glazing salesmen. After my mother went into care I had a job giving it away. The company wasn't remotely interested.

Last year a friend wanted one for his wife and won, on Freegle, a modern Acorn. We dismantled it, strapped it to the roof rack, took it home and bolted it to the stairs (luckily a straight run), plugged it in and off it went until recently when the battery wouldnt charge, and also a seperate issue with the electronics. The downside of these units is that the motor control electronics are complex. Can't win em all!

South Yorkshire Battery Supplies stock replacement batteries for stairlifts.