Did anyone else see this on facebook?

If you get your news from Facebook then you have to be prepared for people to call you a prat.

please name one

The Hillsborough disaster where fans were blamed by the media, senior policemen and some politicians for causing the disaster.

I seem to recall that during the miner's strike of 1984-85 the BBC reversed footage which showed pickets charging at the police when in reality what happened was the other way around.

Edited by Mister M

It was the death of Princess Di that woke me up to the fact that newspapers don't tell the truth.

I followed it religiously on the court transcripts which were published verbatim on line every day. What was actually said in court bore no relationship to what was being reported, and the spin that was put on stuff was incredible. The papers were lying both up front, and by omission. In my innocence I remember being quite shocked.

A complete whitewash.

It certainly woke me up to duplicity.

And yet you failed to spot an obvious hoax and immediately jumped to the conclusion that not only was it true, but that it was being covered up....

---------- Post added 25-06-2017 at 14:27 ----------

Conspiracy theories have a habit of proving to be true...

I'd you make up enough nonsense eventually some of it might turn out to be true. In most cases they are utter rubbish, and yet conspiracy fans lap them up without question, even with no evidence, or when they're clearly made up.

And yet you failed to spot an obvious hoax and immediately jumped to the conclusion that not only was it true, but that it was being covered up....

---------- Post added 25-06-2017 at 14:27 ----------

I'd you make up enough nonsense eventually some of it might turn out to be true. In most cases they are utter rubbish, and yet conspiracy fans lap them up without question, even with no evidence, or when they're clearly made up.

Like I said, read a few books. What do you think MI5 and MI6 actually do?

I seem to recall that during the miner's strike of 1984-85 the BBC reversed footage which showed pickets charging at the police when in reality what happened was the other way around.

Knowing that the BBC are notorious for this sort of thing they should never have allowed themselves to be filmed running backwards.