Anyone been to Cosmo's in Town?

When it comes down to it you are not going to get quality food for £15, but on the other hand most people enjoy crap food that's why there are so many crap restaurants:gag:

When it comes down to it you are not going to get quality food for £15, but on the other hand most people enjoy crap food that's why there are so many crap restaurants:gag:

To be fair when me and my mates go out drinking we don't want 5 star top quality restaurant. But we don't want KFC, McDs. Cosmos is great for the variety of fussy eaters I pall about with. My favourite place is the SmokeBBQ next door. My other half can't stand food with bones in so that's out the question.

Out of the Chinese buffets that have been and gone in Sheffield, this is the one I like the least. Typical it would be one of the last ones standing.

First of all, it tries to be too formal. Why do people have to wait to be seated if they arrive 5-10 minutes before opening? Seat the people and sort out drinks, rather than waste everyone's time.

When you are actually seated, the tables are small and very close to each other. Trying to pack too many together so giving an awful atmosphere.

The food is meh. Its not bad, its not great. It strikes me as being more aimed at families with fussy children, who wont eat Chinese but will eat a slice of pizza. But if that is the market you are aiming at, why the formal seating?

This would be my ranking of the ones we had / have.

1: Flaming Dragon (shut) = Great food, great Chinese theme and atmosphere.

2: Jumbo / Landmark (shut) = Great food, nice relaxed atmosphere, chilled out staff.

3: Wokmania (shut) = Good food, interesting atmosphere with Takeshi's Castle on TVs.

4: No 1 (shut) = Ok food, poor atmosphere a bit like school dinners. Unfriendly staff.

5: U Buffet (open) = tasteless food, ok atmosphere.

6: Cosmo (open) = meh food, poor atmosphere.

So now days I pay the extra and order a take away. :(

I have kept hoping that someone would bring back Jumbo / Landmark, but I am not lucky.

I know I miss Jumbos ! But I liked Cosmo when I went a year ago really nice food it did feel a bit cramped tho

i love cosmo its great value and plenty to choose from ,I really enjoyed my meals there

Ive always had good experiences at Cosmos, and for an 'all you can eat' style restaurant the food was a good standard. I'm really surprised that people rated Flamimg Dragon better than Cosmos. I had a really bad experience there, the food was poor quality and the staff were very rude. I guess all these places can have good days and bad days.

One place that does very good quality food is Chao Baby in Meadowhall, although the choice is limited, and your sitting in the middle of a noisy Meadowhall food hall lol.

Let's have a vote for worst 'all you can eat' while we're here. Although not technically in Sheffield the worst eatery (possibly in the whole of South Yorkshire) has to be Taybarns.

School dinner style food, dirty tables, kids running around while parents are drinking in the bar area, rude staff, and you have the pleasure of all this while basically being in an M1 service station. Truly awful

School dinner style food, dirty tables, kids running around while parents are drinking in the bar area, rude staff, and you have the pleasure of all this while basically being in an M1 service station. Truly awful

Like many of the Chinese restaurants I mentioned above, Taybarns has also closed down. Its been replaced by a Brewers Fayre.

Like many of the Chinese restaurants I mentioned above, Taybarns has also closed down. Its been replaced by a Brewers Fayre.

Had a Sunday dinner at Brewers Fayre last week and it was very nice, much better than when it was Taybarns.

I've been there before once and I absolutely loved it.. So many varieties of food i need to go there again.

Had a Sunday dinner at Brewers Fayre last week and it was very nice, much better than when it was Taybarns.

Isnt it double the price?

Isnt it double the price?

If it was then Taybarns must have been making zero profit ;)

We have switched to the Doncaster branch. Seems more choice and they seem to cook smaller batches. It's also bigger and we have a wheelchair user in our group and it's more spacious. They have a Turkish section. They also have a Thai section. The currys are so nice.