FOUND - small thin, very young tabby and white cat

Found and rescued late Thursday night just down from Gleadless Townend area, very thin, starving, small tabby and white cat. This cat was in the road outside my house late that night seen devouring the remaining contents of a discarded fast food container, then got frightened away by the local foxes I was watching for from my window. Half an hour later it came back down the road in great distress with a crisp packet stuck over it's head. Needless to say I just had to go and rescue it. Brought it inside where it devoured 2 pouches of food and a tin of sardines in less than 10 minutes! Neighbours have said they have seen this cat hanging around for a couple of weeks scavenging for whatever it can get. If this cat belongs to someone please contact me with a description, as this cat has a facial marking only it's owner would know about. Have put a found notice in the local Pet Shop window and tomorrow will put a notice up in the local vets.

Good on you for rescuing this little one :)

Can I also suggest that you get him/her put on the Sheffield Cats Shelter lost and found register (call 2724441 between 1.30 and 3.30 daily) and the RSPCA lost and found (online) too?

Sadly at this time of year there are a lot of cats just left behind when students leave at the end of term and don't take responsibility for the animals they have been looking after, but there's a chance that being very young s/he has got separated from a loving home. I hope that the latter is the case :)

Yes most likely left behind by someone. Your a star for rescuing it xx

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 15:44 ----------

Pinball146 has lost a tabby and white male cat from batemoor I think look at their avatar

have gone in and checked to see if Pinballs could be the same cat and it's not as their Basil is an adult cat and this one is definitely a kitten. Also the picture doesn't match the cat I have

Was worth checking. Poor little thing thank heavens you found it x

Have you contacted the Cat Shelter? They may be able to take it in or find someone to take it.

I will continue to try and establish if it has an owner, and in the meantime it can stay here with us. :-)

I will continue to try and establish if it has an owner, and in the meantime it can stay here with us. :-)

That is so kind to help and try so hard to find the owner

Good luck...

Do you need any help with food?

Think I might be alright at the moment thanks Marx. I already have 2 of my own cats so I do have a supply of food although the little beggar is kind of eating for England at the moment lol. Hoping one extra mouth to feed won't stretch us too much. Have a feeling this little one has been scavenging for some time. :-)

You know me Foxy can't resist an animal in need of help can I???? :-)