MOT only test centres?

I believe there are some MOT only test centres in Shefield which carry out tests but not repairs. Does anyone have a list of these, I'm looking for somewhere as near to Hillsborough as possible?

As a recently qualified driver I am wary of taking the car to the wrong garage and getting stung!

Hi, don't know of any in Hillsborough. There's DOT MOT on Olive Grove Road that just do MOT's. I personally use Amberley Garage on Attercliffe Road, have done for years. They are a good bunch and are totally fair. Kev

Hi,

I take mine to Ernest Thorpe MOT garage at Thurgoland. Its only about 15ish mins from Hillsbro.

Really nice guy that does it.

You dont make an appointment just take your car in (best taking it in when u have a couple of hours to spare incase there are any cars in front of you).

My dad has been taking his car there for years and I started taking mine!!

MOT only so no need to make up faults to get more ££££ from you.

Mine cost £35 for MOT last year and went straight thru.

Amzy87 :)

Hi, don't know of any in Hillsborough. There's DOT MOT on Olive Grove Road that just do MOT's. I personally use Amberley Garage on Attercliffe Road, have done for years. They are a good bunch and are totally fair. Kev

I used to use Amberly and found them ok till I took my car for MOT and had to have all brake pipes/pads done.

Cost me £300 which was fair enough, but they had fiddled about under bonet and as soon as I pulled out my sterio started going crackers.

I took it back a couple of days later and they said ''nowt to do wi' us. cant do owt for ya''!!!

Took my money and then wouldnt have a look at summat they'd messed up.

Didnt go back again!

I used to use Amberly and found them ok till I took my car for MOT and had to have all brake pipes/pads done.

Cost me £300 which was fair enough, but they had fiddled about under bonet and as soon as I pulled out my sterio started going crackers.

I took it back a couple of days later and they said ''nowt to do wi' us. cant do owt for ya''!!!

Took my money and then wouldnt have a look at summat they'd messed up.

Didnt go back again!

Perhaps you'd have been better going straight back, rather than leaving it a "couple of days". Kev

MOT only so no need to make up faults to get more ££££ from you.

Can I just suggest a tip if anyone suspects they are being diddled.

If they advise replacing a part and you are not in a position to check whether it needs replacing or not, ask them to keep the old parts and give you them when you collect the car.

My sister did that when they said she needed new brake discs. They came back and said that they couldn't do it for a couple of days, so she said she'd take the car elsewhere and bring it back for the re-test. So they gave her the ticket and made the discs an 'advisory' as they were 'borderline.'

She still has the same discs on her car, 20,000 miles later, four years later and three passed MOTs later.

To be fair to most MOT testers they don't usually make stuff up as the test is fairly strict and if you put in a complaint and it is upheld, they will lose their testing certificate and that will cost them about £30,000 a year.

John X

Thought it was just me being silly to be honest. And i picked the car up in my lunch break on a Friday (reason I know is cause I had to wait for payday to get it fixed!) so was after the weekend when I had the chance to get back there.

Amzy87

I believe there are some MOT only test centres in Shefield which carry out tests but not repairs. Does anyone have a list of these, I'm looking for somewhere as near to Hillsborough as possible?

As a recently qualified driver I am wary of taking the car to the wrong garage and getting stung!

hi i can take care of this hassle free..mick

I believe there are some MOT only test centres in Shefield which carry out tests but not repairs. Does anyone have a list of these, I'm looking for somewhere as near to Hillsborough as possible? As a recently qualified driver I am wary of taking the car to the wrong garage and getting stung!

You're much better off with a test & repair centre that the people trust,

with a fine reputation for not stinging newly qualified drivers.

Hi Q of Leppings Lane comes to mind.

i have used DOT MOT a few times, thought they were really good..

You're much better off with a test & repair centre that the people trust,

with a fine reputation for not stinging newly qualified drivers.

Hi Q of Leppings Lane comes to mind.

Hmmmm self advertising.... ?

Hmmmm self advertising.... ?

Actually........no.

I'm a very satisfied Hi Q customer. :)

Several years ago, Hi Q earnt my custom through their honesty.

They deserve my custom and they will continue to get my support

until they let me down.

Then I'll dump them and find somewhere else.