Recomendations for dog kennels?

we haven't had to look before as family has always done it so first time, prefer one that has separate kennels and any information about anything i need to know?

Hi Pinkgirl,

We provide a home boarding service that may be of interest to you. We arrange for dogs to be looked after by host families in a loving home environment where they get one on one attention.

You can find more info on our website

cliffe kennels at hoylandswaine just through wortley

brilliant-single kennels-heated kennels-walks etc

always took ours there

even share their pork pies with ours.lol

01226 762391

We provide a home boarding service that may be of interest to you. We arrange for dogs to be looked after by host families in a loving home environment where they get one on one attention.

Can you assure any potential clients that all licenses, personnel training, insurances and local authority inspections are in place? There's very little to go on from that web link.

It is my understanding that all premises offering the the boarding of dogs on a commercial basis must hold an animal boarding license.

As per

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/business-industry/licensing/animals/DAY-CARE-BOARDING-CONDITIONS-FOR-DOGS/Day%20Care%20Boarding%20Conditions%20For%20Dogs.doc

LICENCE CONDITIONS FOR DAY CARE BOARDING ESTABLISHMENTS FOR DOGS

"Unless otherwise stated, these conditions shall apply to all buildings and areas to which dogs have access and/or which are used in association with the day care boarding of dogs."

As per those licensing conditions, have the host families been professionally trained in canine behaviour and welfare? Are they trained in canine first aid?

Can you assure any potential clients that all licenses, personnel training, insurances and local authority inspections are in place? There's very little to go on from that web link.

It is my understanding that all premises offering the the boarding of dogs on a commercial basis must hold an animal boarding license.

As per

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/business-industry/licensing/animals/DAY-CARE-BOARDING-CONDITIONS-FOR-DOGS/Day%20Care%20Boarding%20Conditions%20For%20Dogs.doc

LICENCE CONDITIONS FOR DAY CARE BOARDING ESTABLISHMENTS FOR DOGS

"Unless otherwise stated, these conditions shall apply to all buildings and areas to which dogs have access and/or which are used in association with the day care boarding of dogs."

As per those licensing conditions, have the host families been professionally trained in canine behaviour and welfare? Are they trained in canine first aid?

Hi there, I do hope I can assure our customers that the service provided by Barking Mad is first class. We take the time to visit our customers in the first instance so that we can specifically match their dogs needs with the most appropriate host.

We don’t actually provide ‘day boarding’ as such as we offer home from home dog care as an alternative to kennels. You don’t just have to take our word for the high levels of service however, feel free to visit the site to read our independent reviews.

If you or anyone else is interested in learning more about our services for your own dog or becoming a host family then do please feel free to get in touch via our website.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi there, I do hope I can assure our customers that the service provided by Barking Mad is first class. We take the time to visit our customers in the first instance so that we can specifically match their dogs needs with the most appropriate host.

We don’t actually provide ‘day boarding’ as such as we offer home from home dog care as an alternative to kennels. You don’t just have to take our word for the high levels of service however, feel free to visit the site to read our independent reviews.

If you or anyone else is interested in learning more about our services for your own dog or becoming a host family then do please feel free to get in touch via our website.

Look forward to hearing from you.

But are you registered with the council as insurance isn't valid unless you are.

Hi Pinkgirl,

Do you get to meet the hosts in their home first? I've always ignored any home boarding service that is a franchise as I worry about my dog being passed to some randomer.

Are all the hosts insured, registered, CRB checked etc?

But are you registered with the council as insurance isn't valid unless you are.

Thank you for your advice, I’m part of a national business and our insurance is handled for me by our National Head Quarters.

Do you get to meet the hosts in their home first? I've always ignored any home boarding service that is a franchise as I worry about my dog being passed to some randomer.

Are all the hosts insured, registered, CRB checked etc?

All Barking Mad host families have to meet our strict criteria and are fully insured. CRB checks are not necessary, although we do check to ensure hosts have never been banned from owning a dog.

I can’t comment on any other franchise business, however Barking Mad was established 16 years ago by Lee Dancy who remains our Managing Director today. Our host families join the business because they are able to enjoy all of the benefits of owning a dog without the financial and emotional commitments associated with owning a dog of their own. Some hosts have been with the company for more that 12 years and many are people who live alone and wouldn’t feel comfortable about having strangers coming to their home. As a customer you will view the host, be involved in the selection of a host and you receive photographs and a postcard so you can be confident your dog is having as good a holiday as you are!

You can check out our independent reviews on TrustPilot where we are rated number 1 in the Pet category.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.barkingmad.uk.com

anyone offering homeboarding which means a dog has an overnight stay in someones home and recieves payment for this must be licensed for this .host families or not if they fit above criteria all concerned must be licensed anyone requiring homeboarding on a meet and greet trial visit please request to see a homeboarding license if this cant be shown and council cant confirm the said person licensed then please walk away too many folk out there unlicensed and im sad to say the horror stories get worse every year lots of folks want best for there dogs but dont realise about licensing conditions and folks take for granted what they hear so please if you go to any home boarding establishment and you cant see proof of license and insurance walk away plenty of good more licensed homeboarders out there do your research contact councils local vets etc. plus always go and visit homeboarders premises never ever let them come to you .always see where your dog is going heard this story a few times homeboarders pay a visit to you and pick up and drop off so you cant see where your dog is going if this is on offer walk away you never know where your special friend might end up .my house an open door i would never board a dog without the dog and owner paying me a visit got to be right for everyone

---------- Post added 11-08-2016 at 22:07 ----------

barking mad i see most of your advertising is round rotherham area are you licensed under rmbc council

Edited by murf

home boarders have a licence which they must display so that your customers can see it clearly. I would always want to meet the hosts of where my dog was staying , I have a feeling I have come across this before , it looks professional but in fact its possibly not the case , any credentials like insurance you should know about I hold a fortis insurance for Dog walkers , pet sitters , etc I also hold a separate policy for home boarding small animals. The web site asks you to sign up to be a host family, no mention of applying to your council for a licence ! the other thing that would worry me is do they know a good 24/7 vet if the dog got poorly or do they hold a canine emergency medicine certificate. I agree with murf .