Interview with dwp compliance officer.. What happens ?

Send all lying claimants to jail and make them work on the chain gang.

What about putting them in the stocks too or are you a liberal do-gooder?

What about putting them in the stocks too or are you a liberal do-gooder?

The op did say "lying claimants". And I agree.

The op did say "lying claimants". And I agree.

Too many just cant be arsed to work,they play on so called depression to con us the tax payers and the DWP,its great that at last some action is being taken against the lazy scroungers.

The compliance interview is completely random, and they check mainly on single parents, as this group is the most likely to committ fraud. Can't we tell the tories are back in power?

The compliance interview is completely random, and they check mainly on single parents, as this group is the most likely to committ fraud. Can't we tell the tories are back in power?

Without wanting an argument if,as you say, single parents are the group most likely to commit fraud,isn't it a good idea to concentrate resources there?

I was talking as a torie would, not that I agree with the statement. In my opinion a crime should be committed first

I was talking as a torie would, not that I agree with the statement. In my opinion a crime should be committed first

If you don't check sometimes how would you know if the person had been fiddling? Genuine question..

You don't agree with preventative policing then? You think we should wait for crimes to happen instead of trying to prevent them.

You don't agree with preventative policing then? You think we should wait for crimes to happen instead of trying to prevent them.

Well if you want to stand outside my house, just in case a burglar walks past, your very welcome too. How can the dwp have more powers than the police, even they have to have evidence that something has happened before they could randomly knock at your door.

I just don't want a government that can have that much power!

---------- Post added 31-01-2015 at 14:54 ----------

If you don't check sometimes how would you know if the person had been fiddling? Genuine question..

okay evidence of a crime may have been committed

Well if you want to stand outside my house, just in case a burglar walks past, your very welcome too. How can the dwp have more powers than the police, even they have to have evidence that something has happened before they could randomly knock at your door.

I just for don't want a government that can have that much power!

---------- Post added 31-01-2015 at 14:54 ----------

okay evidence of a crime may have been committed

If people rightly or wrongly claiming money off the state I do.

If people rightly or wrongly claiming money off the state I do.

Whilst not wanting to cause offence, what if these visits in themselves are illegal. Article 8 of human rights, gives each individual the right to a private life. As such no person can do anything that interferes with a person's right to a private life. The compliance visit with no evidence is by nature a breach of the law.

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/what-are-human-rights/human-rights-act/article-8-right-private-and-family-life

Whilst not wanting to cause offence, what if these visits in themselves are illegal. Article 8 of human rights, gives each individual the right to a private life. As such no person can do anything that interferes with a person's right to a private life. The compliance visit with no evidence is by nature a breach of the law.

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/what-are-human-rights/human-rights-act/article-8-right-private-and-family-life

So anyone can do anything in their house......?