Saint georges school beet street

Trying to find old classmates of mine that went to St. George,s school in Beet Street 1940s / 50s

I am looking for my old class mates who went to this school in the 1940,s/1951 or anybody who lived in the area during these years

I used to go to St. Georges. Can't remember the actual dates but must have been around 1947 to 1952.

Lived on Brightmore St from 1942 to 1955.

Hi Extaxman,

Nice to get a reply,I knew most of the lads and girls in Brightmore St.so I am sure I must know you,I lived at the bottom of Bolsover St.in the first few houses on the right as you go up.and my grandmother lived in Mitchell St.my first name is Peter what is yours?

Hi just seen your message I used to go to St Georges from around 1947 and also live on Brightmore St near the Rose and Crown pub what is your name;)

Hi,

I am a bit late at answering, but I have not been well these past months sorry about that. Iam sure I must know you, I also lived near to the Rose and Crown. My name is Peter Sykes,what is yours?

Wallytof

Hi,

I am a bit late at answering, but I have not been well these past months sorry about that. Iam sure I must know you, I also lived near to the Rose and Crown. My name is Peter Sykes,what is yours?

Wallytof

I lived at 58 Brightmore St about 4 or 5 doors up from the Rose and Crown my name then was Rene Williams hope your feeling better

Hi don,t know if you got my reply I lived at 58 brightmore St my name then was Rene Williams

Hi,

I think that I know you. I used to knock about with a few of the gang from Brightmore Street, Tom Shaw, Ivy Harrop, Harold Pennington, Maureen Buckley, Ronnie Brown, Bill Clarke, Shirley Beetson,Terrance Hackett, maybe you know them.I dont get to Sheffield much these days, just to visit friends, as I now live on the south coast of Holland

Peter Sykes

Hi I recognize a couple of the names but I think they were older than me I knew Margaret Wragg,Tony Barnes, Peter Mooney, Olive Bostock, Stella Whyman are just a few I left St Georges in 1957 and we moved to Broomhill in 1956. Cheers Rene

i was at st. georges school beet street, in the 1940s early 50s mr cotton was the headmaster, anyone here at the same time as me

hi yes i remember saint georges school i whas there late 40 i must have started there about 49 lived in st philips rd just of brightmore st