Can you recall greengage (band)

Can anyone throw any light on a band called Greengage who used to appear in the 70s around the Sheffield area

No but I love Greengage jam

can anyone throw any light on a band called greengage who used to appear in the 70s around the sheffield area

hi i used to play in a band i the 70's and i do remember'' greengage''

great band.

But i don't know what happend to them sorry:(

great band.

Denny their guitarist lives near me, they also had a female Bassist.

Last time I spoke they were doing corporate type stuff.

Denny used to go to my primary school, he's mentioned the band but I don't remember them ................. :shakes:

Thanks for the info, I have now obtained a cassette of theirs with some great tracks by

Queen,beachboys,4 seasons etc..

great band.

Yep, remember them well - they used to perform in my home town of Grimsby and Cleethorpes regulalry- they were origionally a fivepiece - Brian on vocals, Lee on bass (she was lovely!) Jeff on keyboards and Denny on lead guitar - sorry Drummer - can't remember your name! They always kicked off thier one hour set with Bohmian Rhapsody - and it was brilliant - and this was in the days before electronic gadgetry to 'help' vocals, followed by classics such as 'Good vibrations', Macarther Park, A Four Seasons Medley, John Miles 'Music' etc. ect. but for me, the cover of 10CC's 'I'm not in love' was mind-blowingly good -still don't understand how they did it - but there were no tapes around - they were just bloody brilliant!! They played the Manchester and Yorkshire top club scene, Batley and Mannings places eg. We did model our own band on them 'Blue Waters' origionally but never hit the same league. Our drummer was Greengages origional drummer i believe when he lived in Sheffield and Worksop area where the band members came from. I seem to remember Brian and Lee were married. After a while, they dropped the drummer, opting for recorded drums - but they still excited and enthralled young and old alike in Cleethopres night spots...then they just faded away. They were the best and still well remembered around here. Really nice guys to talk too - knew they were brill but never showed it!! Miss acts like this now. rn

Got a feeling I saw them at the crucible which was an unusual venue for bands, perhaps someone can confirm or otherwise?

It really is nice to be remembered, yes we are all still around but not performing so much these days. All of the guys send their regards and thank you for the nice comments about the band.

Got a feeling I saw them at the crucible which was an unusual venue for bands, perhaps someone can confirm or otherwise?

Hi Mike-s

We played a lot of venues in Sheffield but unfortunately never at the Crucible.

Best Regards

Thanks for that Greengage, I do recall at around the same time there was another band with a similar name, green something or something green and I definitely saw them at the crucible, I'll have to do a bit more research. I recall that they were a bit like caravan - prog rock as that was what I was into at the time. May have been Greenslade thinking about it.

Greetings from the other side of the Pennines.

I remember this band very well after being blown away by their rendition of Good Vibrations at a club in Manchester - the Broadway I think.

Later on, at another venue in the Manchester area, I bought a copy of their album which has survived the years and still gets played.

The album includes a fantastic version of the theme to the Rockford Files, as well as other harmony tracks, and is a an example of how talented singers and musicians can produce a wonderful sound without the need for any fancy technology.

Good to hear that all the band are still around.

Cheers

Jeffers52

Edited by jeffers52
spelling!!