Cunninghams Pickled Red Cabbage

Does anyone out there in Forum Land know where I can get some jars of this?

None of Cunninghams stuff tastes remotely like it used to when it was made on Queens Rd. The Piccalilli in particular is now just yellow mush compared to when it used to have huge chunks of veg in it.

I think this was mentioned on here a couple of years ago and somebody from the company said that the recipes were almost exactly the same.

They'll be telling us next that Waggon Wheels are the same size as they were when I was a kid.

It was made by Fowlers on Queens Road where the Sheaf passes under the road. I think the brand name has been purchased two or three times over the years.

I know that the Cunningham Branded Products are not made by or to the same standards as they were when they were Fowlers but all the products are still available from various different manufacturers, local or otherwise

What I would like to know is if someone out there knows where I can buy

Cunninghams Pickled Red Cabbage today.

I know it is still available as I bought 4 jars of the stuff Christmas Eve in Sheffields New Market

The wife made some for christmas tasted just like cunninghams used to taste but did not last very long-

My mum used to buy it from Funks Butchers on Hillsborough. Worth a phonecall.

Try Sainsburys - I know they sell their pickled onions.

None of Cunninghams stuff tastes remotely like it used to when it was made on Queens Rd. The Piccalilli in particular is now just yellow mush compared to when it used to have huge chunks of veg in it.

I think this was mentioned on here a couple of years ago and somebody from the company said that the recipes were almost exactly the same.

They'll be telling us next that Waggon Wheels are the same size as they were when I was a kid.

Very true, what was once the best piccalilli in the world is now tasteless mush. I don't buy it anymore. Tesco Mustard Piccalilli is the nearest I've found to the old Cunninghams piccalilli. I can only imagine the red cabbage has fell foul of the new owners.

Very true, what was once the best piccalilli in the world is now tasteless mush. I don't buy it anymore. Tesco Mustard Piccalilli is the nearest I've found to the old Cunninghams piccalilli. I can only imagine the red cabbage has fell foul of the new owners.

warning do not try red garbage or any pickles from lydil

Does anyone out there in Forum Land know where I can get some jars of this?

Some in my cupboard :)

C,mon mate.

Got any to spare?

Where did you get them from?