Cricket Inn Football Team, Wybourn

Hi, I'm new to this,

Does anyone know anyone who played for the Cricket Inn Football Team around 1964 - 1968. The Cricket Inn Pub was on Cricket Inn Rd Wybourn

I played in this team with Paddy Duddy, Richard ( Dickie ) Hughes, Joe Betts,Keith Murfin, Pete Smith.

Although I lived on Manor Park Drive, most of my mates were from the Wybourn.

Mick

Hi my father inlaw s joe betts it wife dad and pete smith is her uncle a small world :)

I still have the team photo which has Joe in goal and Pete was full back, two good players.

The photo was taken after we had played a team called Longdens, we played them at Concord Park and won 1.0

I played with Joe for the Steel Inn when I returned from Australia in 1972.

Tell Joe Paddy is coming out to Australia next week, the 3rd time this year, and I am going to Sheffield June next year and will catch up with Dickie Hughes in Lincolnshire.

Give Joe, Alice and Pete my regards.

Mick

Just phoned tell him he say hope you are keeping ok and says you can ring him when you come over next year this is there number 01142700665. Say will good to have chat ,:)

Hi, I'm new to this,

Does anyone know anyone who played for the Cricket Inn Football Team around 1964 - 1968. The Cricket Inn Pub was on Cricket Inn Rd Wybourn

I played in this team with Paddy Duddy, Richard ( Dickie ) Hughes, Joe Betts,Keith Murfin, Pete Smith.

Mick

hy mick don't no if you remember me dick James ,hope you keeping ok did you no pete lost a leg in mobility scooter nowadays ,but his jolly sen joe no change I still live between them on maltravers road been on here 60yrs 66 now I loved going in cricket pub my mother worked behind bar lol (mena) well take care all the best

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 20:08 ----------

Hi, I'm new to this,

Mick

hy mick don't no if you remember me dick James ,hope you keeping ok did you no pete lost a leg in mobility scooter nowadays ,but his jolly sen joe no change I still live between them on maltravers road been on here 60yrs 66 now I loved going in cricket pub my mother worked behind bar lol (mena) well take care all the best :

Hi Dick,

Sorry mate can't remember you, probably know you by sight, do you remember Paddy Duddy ?

Sorry to hear about Pete Smith, I hope he's ok , if you see him give him my regards.

I had some good times in the Cricket, another good mate of mine who also played, Dick Hughes lived directly opposit the Cricket.

Mick

Hi Dick,

Sorry mate can't remember you, probably know you by sight, do you remember Paddy Duddy ?

Sorry to hear about Pete Smith, I hope he's ok , if you see him give him my regards.

I had some good times in the Cricket, another good mate of mine who also played, Dick Hughes lived directly opposit the Cricket.

Mick

hi mick I can guarantee you now me but not to worry ha ha I was always with joe betts Richard Hughes &pat duddy very very good pals I new all football team & you I used to follow steel inn team on Sunday go with joe we all

Getting on a bit now but still going strong will mention you to pete. when I see him , I no you'll remember all young family Walt Tom at steel inn bob Buxton phoned me other day he never alters lol memories could go on forever back to me if you looked at dick Hughes I very similar in looks to him same name aswell oh well speak soon mick bye4 now.

Hi Dick,

I'm sure that I will know you, Paddy is coming out next week, it will be his third time this year, I will be in Sheffield next June to the end of August, I'm staying with Paddy, maybe we can catch up ?

I am in contact with Dickie Hughes, he is in Lincolnshire.

I loved the days playing for the Cricket inn, I was there from the start until it ended with Roy getting the flick because he was putting the social club money into the football club, we all went up to the Bell Vue.

If you see Bob Buxton give him my regards.

Nice talking to you Dick.

Mick Lister

Anyone know where some of the players are these days, especially the following guys.

Graham Symcox.

Mick Armstrong.

John Armstrong.

Keith Murfin:)

Mick,

Long time no see. This is Graham Symcox.

How are you?

Whereabouts are you?

What have you been doing all these years?

I gather you have been trying to contact the Cricket Inn football team. I am still in contact with the Armstrong twins.

Please contact me on e mail at grahamsymcox@btinternet.com and we can catch up on old times.

Graham

I played for the Cricket Inn Football team after coming out of forces in 1966, along with Joe Betts Pete Smith Richard Hughes Yourself and many others my name is John Roper.