Peter Pan of football

Many years ago my grandad played football for Sheffield and when he was in his 40s the Sheffield Star (I think?) called him the Peter Pan of football.

Can anyone tell me anymore please. He lived in Southy Green and worked at Bassets between the wars. I think he came from some where near St Marys church in town.

What was his name?

What was his name?

Albert Rodgers

There is no albert rodgers listed as being a former united or wednesday player,could possibly have been sheffield fc.

Albert Rodgers

Hi Atkinson are you sure the name was not Albert Broadbent,this chap was an ex Wednesday player who used to train our team in his spare time in the 60s!.He was very fit outstandingly so he could outrun players half his age,he had to pack up with us because Sheffield Wednesday offered him a coaching job!.Your post reminded me of him,I hope this helps you in your search!.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Atkinson are you sure the name was not Albert Broadbent,this chap was an ex Wednesday player who used to train our team in his spare time in the 60s!.He was very fit outstandingly so he could outrun players half his age,he had to pack up with us because Sheffield Wednesday offered him a coaching job!.Your post reminded me of him,I hope this helps you in your search!.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I remember the guy you are talking about but I am having to go back to the 1940s and yes its Albert Rodgers. Thanks anyway