Saint georges school beet street

Hi Sunshine-on,

a few months ago i saw a school photo of a May Queen from St Georges, i believe it was you on the pic, i'm not sure but, i think it was on friends reunited. I am John Dunks . Hope that you get a few more E-mails about St Georges.

Hello John Dunks. I don't do the friends re-united or face book or anything suchlike. Somebody must have been rich to have a camera and take a photo. I did have one. I think my brother took it and it was in our back yard,but don't know where it is now. I pass the area where school was quite often, nothing like it was now. Lovely to have a catch up. Wonder what would happen at a reunion. what a laugh, or what a nightmare. It's a long time since I came on this site, but I'll keep having a check up on things now.

Hello my Dad taught at St Georges for most of his working life, Bob Wright.

• Like 1

Hi noproblem. My mum taught at St George’s when your dad was there. When they had to start reducing the staff my mum and Miss Wendy Waterhouse stayed on. Mum was Mrs Janet Scott and she was there from 1956 until the move to Myers Grove. She liked it very much and says it was like a little family there. I wonder if anyone remembers her?  She’s ninety now but would love to know what happened to her students.

Edited by Heliscopter

My Brother Doug Page went to St George's round about 1946/47.