Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

My father in law worked there. Name of Harold Leng. He was an inspector. Can't recall when he retired though. Was a member of the 25 year club and he was very proud of that!

---------- Post added 19-04-2015 at 17:59 ----------

PS he was also a member of the First Aiders. Have an old picture of a group of them and will see if I can dig it out.

Hi tinapina

I don't remember you ; I used to work in the grinding dept. and the foreman was bill hodkin my name is Dave newton ,if you do remember let me know ,

cheers

high martin441.i think you are the same dave newton I used to work with at dormer I used to work on auto backing off with dickie peat and if I am right you used to work on centreless grinding if it is it is very nice to hear from you after all these years

I did work in the old offices and the new and not good at remembering names, two I do know of were Mick Bramall and Mick Allsop and Terry 7 his wife Gina from Blue dormer. I remember a Judd. I used to sit with both Micks and five others in the works canteen n they took me under their wing as I was only 16 at the time and nobody used the office canteen. I used to have to run errands all through the works and got to know a lot of people that way.

Names I do remember are from the offices.

Mr Metcalfe Stuart Bowles

Adrian Waple Sheila Lovett

His dad Chris Atkinson

Mr elkington Chris Drewett

Pat Thompson Margeret Radcliffe

Renee Manton Carol Twigg

Sandra Mathews

Colin Mansell

I am going back 44 years ago and with this site I keep remembering a lot more people. I loved it at the Twist Drill

high martin441.i think you are the same dave newton I used to work with at dormer I used to work on auto backing off with dickie peat and if I am right you used to work on centreless grinding if it is it is very nice to hear from you after all these years

Yes that is me Dave newton ;what is your name, I was on permanant nights with Don Shepherd , I live near Aintree Liverpool now .

Where are you '

Dave

I worked at Worksop from 1984 till it closed,99% of people used to say they hated working there but after it closed they all wanted to turn the clock back.

Really enjoyed it and it gave me a good living.

Yes that is me Dave newton ;what is your name, I was on permanant nights with Don Shepherd , I live near Aintree Liverpool now .

Where are you '

Dave

hello dave I used to work at the side of you on automatic backing off jack Johnson is my name

Most of this thread seems to be about factory staff, but what about the office workers? I started in CSD under Bob Cliffe in the old offices, which were moved to the new block. Other names that spring to mind are Gordon Robinson, Austin Traynor, Stuart Bowles, Sandra Rabjohn, Steph Jackson, Joyce West, John, Pip, Peggy, June, and Steve (can't remember their surnames at the moment), and the lovely Gladys Lemons. Anyone remember Mary Hill and Mary Parker? There are others who's faces I can picture but can't put a name to right now. I still sometimes see Dave Ball, who ran the printing dept for a while with his dad Harry. Someone mentioned the works study group, and Pat Hopwood in an earlier message. Didn't he finish up getting locked up?

hi Tinapina here I worked in the offices export shipping from 1960 - 1970 and I remember most of the names you have mentioned. I do remember Pat Hopwood and I think he did go to prison there were some other directors involved wasn't there.

hi Tinapina here I worked in the offices export shipping from 1960 - 1970 and I remember most of the names you have mentioned. I do remember Pat Hopwood and I think he did go to prison there were some other directors involved wasn't there.

Jack Kelsey

Do anyone of you remember colin marshall?

Remember Colin was a very nice bloke.

---------- Post added 06-02-2016 at 16:30 ----------

Remember Herbert Buckley who was a painter as well as Jim Smith.

Also the Smiths father and son who were the builders(better known as pcket and Pockets)

hello dave I used to work at the side of you on automatic backing off jack Johnson is my name

I remember you Jack very well , they were good times I think. where are you now? I left Sheffield 17 years ago,

The managing director did go to prison and when he came out he worked as a builders labourer!

gfgfgfgfgfgfgtrtrfdfdvc

Edited by EdmundH