Richard Attenborough dead..

RIP Richard Attenborough! The last thing i saw him in was Jospeh many years ago.

RIP.

He was a great British acting talent. Very versatile....My favourite film with him was Séance on a Wet Afternoon, as a brow beaten husband of a neurotic wife; but was also great in Brighton Rock as a menacing gangster

i loved brigton rock, great escape, jurrasic park was ok

Dickie? Dear, dear Dickie? :(

Sad, he was a great actor and a brilliant director.he had a 'good innings' though, at 90.

Dickie? Dear, dear Dickie? :(

Sad, he was a great actor and a brilliant director.he had a 'good innings' though, at 90.

yeah cant grumble at that

I don't think he resented the 'luvvie' image that the media foisted on him either, in spite of his obvious thesp abilities, he never seemed to take himself seriously

I always enjoyed seeing him appear in small roles in the excellent films In Which We Serve (1942) and A Matter Of Life And Death (1946), the latter arguably being the best film ever made, just to remind me how long he'd been around. But for me his stand out moment was the lead character 10 Rillington Place (1971). And then there's Flight Of Phoenix, and ... and ... RIP.

Oh, and keep an eye on your brother and make sure he keeps on working whilst I'm still alive.

I always enjoyed seeing him appear in small roles in the excellent films In Which We Serve (1942) and A Matter Of Life And Death (1946), the latter arguably being the best film ever made, just to remind me how long he'd been around. But for me his stand out moment was the lead character 10 Rillington Place (1971). And then there's Flight Of Phoenix, and ... and ... RIP.

Oh, and keep an eye on your brother and make sure he keeps on working whilst I'm still alive.

I've not seen the first two films you've mentioned, but his performance in 10 Rillington Place was creepy beyond belief, it made my skin crawl!

I canny take no more of this, first Williams and now this, the entertainment business has lost yet another class act

My favourites were Jurassic Park, Miracle on 34th Street and his cameo in The Railway Children, feel really sad now !!!

Edited by BEDROCK

I canny take no more of this, first Williams and now this, the entertainment business has lost yet another class act

My favourites were Jurassic Park, Miracle on 34th Street and his cameo in The Railway Children, feel really sad now !!!

lol bedders he was 90 year old so it was coming

Yeah, balls to the deceased's families, my thoughts are with you tonight. :roll: