How small is too small for a shower room??

Our downstairs cloakroom contains a loo and sink and measures 4'11" square.

Is it possible to get a shower, loo and sink in such a small space. I've been to 3 bathroom places today expecting that someone would just key in the dimensions on their computer and add the component parts and show me a 3D image, but no, they want to send a fitter out to measure, but I just want a yes it's poss or no it's impossible in the space. I am not savvy enough to work it out myself. Any one any input please?

I'm not sure that it would be possible in quite such a small space without impinging on the leg room for using the loo or making someone who wants to wash their face sit on the toilet to do it. There's an added issue with how and where the door opens relative to the suite which is why I imagine that nobody wants to say yes or no. Things that affect this are:

Is the door in one corner or the middle of a wall?

Is there space on the wall that the door is in to also mount the basin or toilet?

Where's the window relative to the door?

Does the door open inwards or outwards?

Theoretically it may be possible to get the footprint of a small corner shower unit in if everything else is in the right place, but that doesn't take account of getting the shower door open and stepping into the shower with the bathroom door shut and that sort of thing.

I would say yes, but only just (unless the door is in an awkward place). You would only have room for a small sink, and a rounded shower not square.

I have a downstairs shower room (shower sink toilet radiator) and it measures 60"x70"

It works well but I wouldn't want it any smaller.

The door could open outwards. It could be split into 2 narrow doors or use a sliding door. The WC can be one that fits in the corner. The sink can be quite small.

None of these are ideal but possible. You'll end up with a compromise but maybe that is better than what you currently have.

The whole room could be a wet room, so you would not need a separate shower cubicle.... maybe a sliding shower screen door to slide across the doorway, then an opening out door.... or the sliding door could be opaque..not needing a 'proper' door.

The whole room could be a wet room, so you would not need a separate shower cubicle.... maybe a sliding shower screen door to slide across the doorway, then an opening out door.... or the sliding door could be opaque..not needing a 'proper' door.

That's what I was going to suggest. You may not need a shower screen or door if the door to the shower room is suitably waterproof and the floor angled away from the door to a central drain in the floor. You can get all sort of unusual toilets for small spaces. You can get ones suited for a corner for example.

Have a look at some high spec caravans for inspiration of a mini wet room.

There are lots of examples if you use a search engine to look for mini wet room. They are all different shapes and sizes of room but it might give you some ideas.

Edited by Chez2

I wouldn't go for a wet room in a small space (or ever personally). The floor will often be wet when you want to use the WC or sink, so you get wet socks or you trail water round the house on your shoes, or you have to mop it up every time.

I wouldn't go for a wet room in a small space (or ever personally). The floor will often be wet when you want to use the WC or sink, so you get wet socks or you trail water round the house on your shoes, or you have to mop it up every time.

I can see what you mean but have you thought of a squeegee? We have hard water so squeegee the walls of our shower after each shower. It takes seconds and its virtually dry. We don't bother to do the shower tray but that is fairly dry anyway. If they get the right tiles and squeegee it the floor won't stay wet. It would need decent ventilation and heating though in such a small room.

We have a holiday apartment and the shower room has a tiled floor and a central drain. The floor doesn't stay dripping wet as they are designed to drain and dry.