How will the Trump presidency affect BREXIT ?

Hes tweeted lots of farily offensive stuff since he won - have a read. Theres evidence of him being a bigot. However theres plenty of evidence showing he wont be sexist, he will be fair minded and even look at free/affordable healthcare and rights for gay people.

His core voters wont like that at all.

On the subject of free/affordable healthcare, its broadly accepted by most with a brain in America that "Obama care" hasn't had that desired effect and is in fact a corporate con.

On the subject of free/affordable healthcare, its broadly accepted by most with a brain in America that "Obama care" hasn't had that desired effect and is in fact a corporate con.

Those with a brain also realise he was prevented from implementing the system he wanted to by the need to get it passed by the Republican dominated Congress.

The question for Republicans is 'what would they implement instead?'

Far far more than 4 million people visit Europe every year, and they don`t have an horrendous time getting through immigration to do it, as many do who visit the USA. In fact nearly 10 million went to Spain alone.

They are very very different from us, and other Europeans in my experience. Most of them rarely set foot out of their own country, though they get hardly any work holidays so that might explain some of it. But not all, they`re very inward looking, not really that bothered about the rest of the world, certainly if it doesn`t affect them directly. Their attitude to public services, particularly health, is the biggest difference. In the UK the NHS is a religion, in the USA their now president has said he`s going to get rid of what relatively poor health care provision they have for their poorer citizens.

The only thing we have in common with the USA (as in more so than the average European country), is the language.

Americans you meet whilst travelling are great, but they`re a minority in their own land. I suspect relatively few Americans who travel a lot voted Trump, just like Brexit in fact.

How on earth can you think that few Americans, who travel a lot, didn't vote for Trump ?

Americans didn't have to like Trump, to vote for him. The American people had a difficult decision to make, because the alternative to Trump was Mrs Clinton. Both the Presidential candidates were the most unpopular people to ever stand for President.

Have you ever been to America ?

Edited by Gamston
typo error

How on earth can you think that few Americans, who travel a lot, didn't vote for Trump ?

Americans didn't have to like Trump, to vote for him. The American people had a difficult decision to make, because the alternative to Trump was Mrs Clinton. Both the Presidential candidates were the most unpopular people to ever stand for President.

Have you ever been to America ?

My wife has travelled in the USA, and I`ve met a fair number whilst travelling other parts of the world. I`d be very surprised if Americans who travelled tended to vote for Trump. Just like Brexit, I reckon it`d be those who didn`t do much travelling, and were more insular and less internationalist in their outlook. Are you saying you think I`m wrong ?

My wife has travelled in the USA, and I`ve met a fair number whilst travelling other parts of the world. I`d be very surprised if Americans who travelled tended to vote for Trump. Just like Brexit, I reckon it`d be those who didn`t do much travelling, and were more insular and less internationalist in their outlook. Are you saying you think I`m wrong ?

I am saying you post a lot of nonsense.

All manner of people disagree with you. Some are more educated, some less. Some are older and some younger. Some are more travelled and others less.

They have different opinions from you that's all.

Oh and throughout the west you know who travels less: The poor. If you think this invalidates their votes then you're not going to persuade many right minded people.

And do you think, that hoping Donald Trump is assassinated, makes you a better human being than him ?

.......Yep!

---------- Post added 09-01-2017 at 20:01 ----------

he isn't sexist, homophobic, against normal Muslims or disrespectful to the disabled.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You sound as ignorant as he does! The man is a massive, orange baby! He can't even control his Twitter account, never mind the most powerful nation on earth!

All manner of people disagree with you. Some are more educated, some less. Some are older and some younger. Some are more travelled and others less.

They have different opinions from you that's all.

Oh and throughout the west you know who travels less: The poor. If you think this invalidates their votes then you're not going to persuade many right minded people.

I never said being poor invalidated anyone`s vote.

I also never said that all older people voted leave, all working class and/or poorer people voted leave, all those who don`t do much travelling voted leave, etc etc.

I said those who fall into those categories were far more likely to have done so. The research, and my personal experience, backs that up.

I don`t think you`ll find many people who regard most Americans as outward looking internationalists.

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 09:21 ----------

The man [Trump] is a massive, orange baby! He can't even control his Twitter account, never mind the most powerful nation on earth!

Did you hear what he said about Meryl Streep on Twitter ? ! ?

She basically used her acceptance speech for some major award to plead for tolerance, understanding and respect. As far as was reported she didn`t even mention Trump by name. He responded by saying she was just an overrated actress and stuff. Technically he`s wrong on that anyway, but the gist of his comments were unbelievable. What he said was immature, showed he`s got a massive inferiority complex, and bears a grudge (I`ve heard that from many sources). I was appalled, because this man has been voted in by the American public ! What does that say about them ! ! A country we've got to suck up to now more than ever because we`ll no longer be in the EU for Gawd`s sake. This man is going to be the next US president, it`s still unbelievable to me.

Edited by Justin Smith

I never said being poor invalidated anyone`s vote.

I also never said that all older people voted leave, all working class and/or poorer people voted leave, all those who don`t do much travelling voted leave, etc etc.

I said those who fall into those categories were far more likely to have done so. The research, and my personal experience, backs that up.

I don`t think you`ll find many people who regard most Americans as outward looking internationalists.

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 09:21 ----------

Did you hear what he said about Meryl Streep on Twitter ? ! ?

She basically used her acceptance speech for some major award to plead for tolerance, understanding and respect. As far as was reported she didn`t even mention Trump by name. He responded by saying she was just an overrated actress and stuff. Technically he`s wrong on that anyway, but the gist of his comments were unbelievable. What he said was immature, showed he`s got a massive inferiority complex, and bears a grudge (I`ve heard that from many sources). I was appalled, because this man has been voted in by the American public ! What does that say about them ! ! A country we've got to suck up to now more than ever. This man is going to be the next US president, it`s still unbelievable to me.

Have you also Pires Morgan defending him this morning? Aparantry he wasn't mocking the disabled reporter because he made the exact same gesture when mocking an able bodied person on another occasion!?

So....it's OK to mock the disabled when highlighting someone's ineptitude?

I find it unbelievable that the next POTUS can't even control his twitter account!

If 19 academy nominations and 3 wins makes Meryl Streep an over rated actress, what kind of a business man is Trump with his multiple bankruptcy claims?

How will the Trump presidency affect BREXIT?

Thusly-

Donald Trump’s trade chief said ‘Brexit is God-given opportunity for Britain’s financial rivals'

'I recommend that Cyprus should adopt and immediately announce even more liberal financial service policies than it already has so that it can try to take advantage of the inevitable relocations that will occur during the period of confusion'

Donald Trump’s trade chief has urged Britain’s rivals to exploit the “God-given opportunity” of Brexit to take business away from the UK, it has been reported.

Wilbur Ross, the incoming US Commerce Secretary, said Britain was facing a "period of confusion" following the vote to leave the EU and that it was "inevitable" there would be "relocations", according to The Times.

He is said to have added that the UK's withdrawal from the EU was a "God-given opportunity" for financial rivals of the City of London, naming Frankfurt and Dublin in particular

source

LOL! :lol:

When he doesn't deliver on the lies: Clinton in jail on day 1, the wall etc, then there will be a backlash against him - the thing is that the US have an out in 5 years... they will not be premanently crippled in the way that the UK will be when Brexit happens - a brexit that occurred mainly because of the lies of the campaign.
We actually have an out in four years, Please don't increase the agony. I'm wondering when the impeachment will come, but it is coming.