Freeview T.V keeps freezing

Hi. 5 months ago my Free view TV picture was freezing really badly to the point that it was unwatchable. I contacted kier and they sent an engineer out. after doing a diagnostic he discovered that a 4G signal was interfering with the Free view signal. He fitted a 4G filter on my Ariel and it seamed to cure it until last night. The tv started freezing again, I have checked the cable for any faults and retuned the tv. its still freezing. has any one got any ideas what else I can do.

Thanks.:mad:

Possible water damage to aerial cable. Aerial connections may be loose. Aerial may need realigning. Check all of these.

Doest the 4g suppression device need power? Has the socket for it been turned off?

Has anybody had their freeview pictures freezing recently on their old tv,s ? I know that I am not the only one. This year freeview have stopped their backing on new standard tv,s . Are the blocking old TV,s ? Does anybody know ?

Nine times out of ten a poor freeview picture will be down to atmospherics or aerial / down lead issues.

Are you referring to Freeview Play ?

nothing is blocking old TVs and nothing has changed recently with the regards to the signal type / quality. AFAIK

The strange thing is that both mine and a friend who lives about 1/4 mile away had our TV,s start freezing on the same day.They are now unwatchable.

Is your antenna in the loft/indoors?

is your property relatively low down?

I had the same problem which (believe it or not) became worse in the springtime....

I eventually realised it was the foliage on the trees at the back of my property which was just enough the tip the balance of my already poor signal levels.

The answer was to get the antenna outside, and as high as possible, since I did this, it has been perfect reception.

Yeah I used to lose signal come spring until i figured out it was the leaves on the tree that stopped the signal - cut the branch and tv back on..