The North South Divide - How Bad Is It?? Tonight Divided Britain 02.08.2012

Did anybody else watch this last night and how bad is the north south divide??. The price of food, petrol, clothing, cinema tickets and houses were significantly dearer the more south you went. Alot of the high street chains such as Greggs and Hollywood Bowl, and Cine World, the presenter was saying why don`t they have fixed prices up and down the country for example a Greggs sausage roll was a diiferent price in Newcastle to Birmingham to London.

It was the same with the price of a family ticket at the cinema, being £16.50 and £17.50 in two different places, then in London a family ticket was £42.00 a significant and increased difference in price. The price of a pint of lager, was various prices up and down the country with the dearest place to buy a pint being London it was £5.00 something, a glass of Pinot Grigio was also £5.00 something in London being significantly cheaper the more North you go.

The thing that shocked me was house prices, in Swansea my huband and I could get a new house on a new development for cheaper than we could where we live now or anywhere else. A man in central London was selling a garage for £100,000, the price of a terraced house where we live, it is scary but I suppose rents and bills will be more in the south so prices have to reflect this but it really is shocking. :);)

Did anybody else watch this last night and how bad is the north south divide??. The price of food, petrol, clothing, cinema tickets and houses were significantly dearer the more south you went. Alot of the high street chains such as Greggs and Hollywood Bowl, and Cine World, the presenter was saying why don`t they have fixed prices up and down the country for example a Greggs sausage roll was a diiferent price in Newcastle to Birmingham to London.

It was the same with the price of a family ticket at the cinema, being £16.50 and £17.50 in two different places, then in London a family ticket was £42.00 a significant and increased difference in price. The price of a pint of lager, was various prices up and down the country with the dearest place to buy a pint being London it was £5.00 something, a glass of Pinot Grigio was also £5.00 something in London being significantly cheaper the more North you go.

The thing that shocked me was house prices, in Swansea my huband and I could get a new house on a new development for cheaper than we could where we live now or anywhere else. A man in central London was selling a garage for £100,000, the price of a terraced house where we live, it is scary but I suppose rents and bills will be more in the south so prices have to reflect this but it really is shocking. :);)

What grounds do you have to expect prices to be the same-its a free market economy so variation is inevitable.

What grounds do you have to expect prices to be the same-its a free market economy so variation is inevitable.

I know it is just shocking thats all, you do realise the variation until it is pointed out to you like in this programme. :);)

Edited by CatsEyes4Eva
Spelling Mistake