"Most Haunted" - what rubbish?

Is this show supposed to be serious and scientific? :rolleyes:

It seems all to sensationalist and knee-jerk to me. So, a bunch of girls, or whoever, go into a 'haunted' room huddled together under a night sight camera, then they all scream because some cameraman says 'something' moved ;)?

Come on, a bunch of silly young girls would jump in fright at a spider, let alone a ghost, if they exist?

that still on?

watched a couple of the live series, never really watched the normal episodes, i like the history of the places mostly

Michaela Strachan does a far superior series on haunted buildings across the UK.

On paper, perhaps that itself might sound the same, but she is guided around the places and it's fascinating, without the fake circus act of that in the OP?

Michaela Strachan does a far superior series on haunted buildings across the UK.

On paper, perhaps that itself might sound the same, but she is guided around the places and it's fascinating, without the fake circus act of that in the OP?

never seen that one, as i said its the historic stories of the places that interest me rather than the theatrics

Yes it's fake, Derek acorah was a fake too, he was set up by O'keefe and proved one..

Is this show supposed to be serious and scientific? :rolleyes:

It seems all to sensationalist and knee-jerk to me. So, a bunch of girls, or whoever, go into a 'haunted' room huddled together under a night sight camera, then they all scream because some cameraman says 'something' moved ;)?

Come on, a bunch of silly young girls would jump in fright at a spider, let alone a ghost, if they exist?

Welcome to 2002...

It's hard to believe that some people are still convinced by Acorah even after the not so surprising revelation that- hey!- he's a fake! As if it wasn't obvious from the beginning.

I used to work with a sad, silly woman who believed in him utterly and, as she was obsessed with angels and all other kinds of nonsense, probably still does. She once showed me the episode where Derek gets possessed by the spirit of a 16th century murderer and lurches around shouting "Arrr! I'll slit yer gizzards!" while half heartedly trashing a room. I laughed so much I could barely breathe and she looked quite hurt.

I will say he's a highly entertaining Scouse chancer, as long as you don't take him seriously. It really used to amuse me when he'd look into the corner of a room supposedly consulting his spirit guide "Wha's tha' yer say Sam? Something terrible happened in here? Was it meerder?".

I did see a couple of these when they first started, but whether you believe or not, after the first few the same thing happens pretty much every time. It's like the sensitisation which occurs during someone telling ghost stories sitting around a camp fire- once you are expecting every little noise or movement to be something sinister there's no way you can resist squealing every time something moves or makes a noise.

It's hard to believe that some people are still convinced by Acorah even after the not so surprising revelation that- hey!- he's a fake! As if it wasn't obvious from the beginning.

I used to work with a sad, silly woman who believed in him utterly and, as she was obsessed with angels and all other kinds of nonsense, probably still does. She once showed me the episode where Derek gets possessed by the spirit of a 16th century murderer and lurches around shouting "Arrr! I'll slit yer gizzards!" while half heartedly trashing a room. I laughed so much I could barely breathe and she looked quite hurt.

I will say he's a highly entertaining Scouse chancer, as long as you don't take him seriously. It really used to amuse me when he'd look into the corner of a room supposedly consulting his spirit guide "Wha's tha' yer say Sam? Something terrible happened in here? Was it meerder?".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ

Mary loves dick!