Shared online calendar

As above really. Only a few users, could do with a bolt on app for an iPhone /iPad if possible but not essential. Doesn't need to be free but not an extortionate amount ideally.

Google calendar, then import it to your mobiles as ical. You can create a new calendar in your own account and share it with as many people as you like.

I had a brief play around with this - it seemed great for one user but because we have one "company" user we'd have to faff about creating two new accounts to test it properly. I.e.can any user add or change events - if so, do they then have to reshare it with he other two users to let them know it's changed? The gsuite looked a bit more in depth - has anyone given that a go?

Well according to this article, non i-Cloud users can access a shared calendar and edit - don't know enough about i-Cloud to comment on cost etc.:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2690?locale=en_GB

Alternatively if you subscribe to Office 365:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Open-a-SharePoint-Online-site-on-an-iPhone-or-iPad-0650a5a1-c437-4a49-a06f-222a690d3fb7

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-your-calendar-in-Outlook-on-the-web-for-business-7ecef8ae-139c-40d9-bae2-a23977ee58d5

I had a brief play around with this - it seemed great for one user but because we have one "company" user we'd have to faff about creating two new accounts to test it properly. I.e.can any user add or change events - if so, do they then have to reshare it with he other two users to let them know it's changed? The gsuite looked a bit more in depth - has anyone given that a go?

I use a google calendar to coordinate a martial art throughout Yorkshire.

Every instructor has admin rights on the calendar I created. They can create/modify/delete events as they wish.

If they like they can add invitee's to the events, who will then get notified of the changes. The invitee can also be the google group email address, so everyone gets notifications.

Most people then use the iCal link to 'import' the calendar to their calendar app of choice, I use my built in Samsung Android calendar and it shows my own calendar, the martial arts calendar and syncs my yahoo calendar as well (which is what I use on the computer and which also shows the google martial arts calendar).

It all works really well and seamlessly.

I use a google calendar to coordinate a martial art throughout Yorkshire.

Every instructor has admin rights on the calendar I created. They can create/modify/delete events as they wish.

If they like they can add invitee's to the events, who will then get notified of the changes. The invitee can also be the google group email address, so everyone gets notifications.

Most people then use the iCal link to 'import' the calendar to their calendar app of choice, I use my built in Samsung Android calendar and it shows my own calendar, the martial arts calendar and syncs my yahoo calendar as well (which is what I use on the computer and which also shows the google martial arts calendar).

It all works really well and seamlessly.

Ok, so if red dragon karate amends an event will that automatically change your phone calendar or do you have to keep syncing to it for changes to happen?

It syncs on a regular schedule, every 6 hours is what I think I have it set to.

It syncs on a regular schedule, every 6 hours is what I think I have it set to.

I'll have another look. My problem is two people updating the same, or indeed different events at the same time on my current system. One over writes the other.

I'll have another look. My problem is two people updating the same, or indeed different events at the same time on my current system. One over writes the other.

You can add multiple 'events' at the same time/date with google calendar - my phone let's me.... it also let's me specify 'all day' events, then add other smaller ones during the day...

You can add multiple 'events' at the same time/date with google calendar - my phone let's me.... it also let's me specify 'all day' events, then add other smaller ones during the day...

I'd hope it would do - I need 10 to 20, multi day events per week, minimum.

What I'm trying to work out is if I (person a) add or modify an event and someone else (person b) adds or modify an event AT THE SAME TIME who trumps who? The one (lets say person a) clicks save/sync first? More importantly does the one who syncs/saves last (person b) overwrite whatever person a did?

Am I after a "live" system rather than just a shared one?

I'd hope it would do - I need 10 to 20, multi day events per week, minimum.

What I'm trying to work out is if I (person a) add or modify an event and someone else (person b) adds or modify an event AT THE SAME TIME who trumps who? The one (lets say person a) clicks save/sync first? More importantly does the one who syncs/saves last (person b) overwrite whatever person a did?

Am I after a "live" system rather than just a shared one?

the problem with a 'live' system is that either, each key-stroke would have to be logged and transmitted, and synced to/from each user or it would have to 'lock' the event while someone else is editing it..

I know in google docs you can specify 'editors' or people who are able to edit, or just suggest changes to then be approved later - I can't say I have used google calendar with multiple people, but I know it does - their capabilities though i'm not sure, but given a company such as Google I'm sure they wouldn't have missed much, if anything....