UKIP - What a joke..

How many times is Carswell going to turn his coat?

He is a traitor three times over.

Once to the Tories,

then to his country by this UKIP thing,

then to UKIP by admitting they are a bag of excrement.

Once to the Tories,

yup...who would actually vote for the man, what does he stand for :huh:

yup...who would actually vote for the man, what does he stand for :huh:

Well whatever our opinions its clear around 20k people voted for him when he defected to UKIP. That's how he managed to become the party's only elected MP.

A result that the parties leaders never achieved including mug of the party Farage who failed in his own attempts 7 times and golden boy Nutall who spectacuarly in Stoke.

I dont like the man I have to admit he has a point. People ask why he joined and is now leaving. He says he joined to support getting out of the EU. Now its happening.

He probably knows UKIP is a dying animal.

Well whatever our opinions its clear around 20k people voted for him when he defected to UKIP. That's how he managed to become the party's only elected MP.

A result that the parties leaders never achieved including mug of the party Farage who failed in his own attempts 7 times and golden boy Nutall who spectacuarly in Stoke.

I dont like the man I have to admit he has a point. People ask why he joined and is now leaving. He says he joined to support getting out of the EU. Now its happening.

He probably knows UKIP is a dying animal.

So he, like most tories, is just an opportunist.

He does not believe what he is saying, but just churns it out so people will vote for him?

Theresa May and this Chancellor chappie are proof positive of this.

Neither of them are brexit supporters but are putting this country through all this agony, just to assuage UKIP who are a spent force anyway.

You will find that the average brexiter type person has lost all interest in UKIP and the EU and just wishes the country was back in the days before the referendum.

He does not believe what he is saying, but just churns it out so people will vote for him?

I think you will find that goes for politicians in general regardless of what political party the belong to. Don't forget that a candidate is usually put forward by a political party on the likelihood of winning and not really about what they actually believe in.

Theresa May and this Chancellor chappie are proof positive of this. Neither of them are brexit supporters but are putting this country through all this agony, just to assuage UKIP who are a spent force anyway.

I think they are just carrying out the the results of a referendum as they are the ones in power.

You will find that the average brexiter type person has lost all interest in UKIP and the EU and just wishes the country was back in the days before the referendum.

Far from it as I and many other Brexiters had no interest in UKIP anyway, and anecdotal evidence does not make that statement right.

Edited by apelike

Once to the Tories,

Put your left leg in,your left leg out,in out in out............:hihi:

Douglas Carswell has refused to rule out rejoining the Conservative party, a day after he announced that he had left Ukip.

The Clacton MP said he was not planning to rejoin the Tories, but left open the possibility of returning to the party before 2020, to allow him to contest his seat at the next election as an official Conservative candidate.

Carswell is currently sitting as an independent, but independents have a poor record of holding their seats at general elections.

Speaking on Sunday Politics, Carswell said he had received a huge number of emails from constituents since his announcement on Saturday and “all but a handful” of them were “overwhelmingly supportive”.

He said he felt “pretty comfortable” sitting as an independent, but when asked if he would fight as an independent at the next election, he replied: “Let’s wait and see.”

In a separate interview on ITV’s Peston on Sunday, Carswell said he wanted to support the government, but “as a critical friend”. Asked how he would respond if Clacton Conservatives asked him to represent them, he said he would tell them: “Right now, thanks but no thanks.

I think Mark Reckless was initially a Tory MP, left to join UKIP, and has joined the Tory group in the Welsh Assembly.

I'm glad that Reckless feels he leaves UKIP amicably. However UKIP don't seem to share the same feelings. UKIP's Neil Hamilton said of Reckless' decision:

"So Reckless ratted on Tories & now ratted on UKIP. Never be trusted again. Gone into hiding & refused to face press".

He was top of the UKIP proportional representation list for Wales too.

Yep, he was the best they could do. How bad were the rest?

He was top of the UKIP proportional representation list for Wales too.

Yep, he was the best they could do. How bad were the rest?

A bit like Paul Nuttall

Theresa May and this Chancellor chappie are proof positive of this.

Neither of them are brexit supporters but are putting this country through all this agony, just to assuage UKIP who are a spent force anyway.

Only in your dreams.

Angel1