Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

You didn't find that it had to be massively contrived so that Batman and Superman both act like complete idiots and barely ever speak to each other?

Agreed, they should have gone to Relate, it would have shortened the duration a little though

A Monster Calls - 8/10, sad though.

Zootropilis. Cartoon, talking animals blah blah - you get the idea. But it wasn't bad 7/10

It made me laugh out loud a fair bit. I would have given it an 8. These things are always a bit slushy in the middle and at the end, but I don't mind that half as much as I used to.

"Up", of course was incredibly slushy for the first 10 minutes, but that act deserved an award, I hope it got one.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe 7.5/10

I didn't expect this film to go the way it did as initially thought it was heading as a thriller.

Quick synopsis: father and son forensic team take a late victim, brought in who is found in a basement where police uncover a gruesome murder scene.

**caution** Don't watch this film while eating unless you have a strong stomach!

Interesting film, and a refreshing variation in this modern age of Zombies & Vampires nonsense.

Nevertheless, I don't think they got the casting right. Brian Cox (the actor, not the scientist) is an accomplished actor but he wasn't suitable for this role, neither were the kid actors.

As an idea, 8/10

As a film, 6/10

10 Cloverfield Lane 8/10

I really liked it, you never quite know whats going on until the end and theres some great acting.

---------- Post added 08-01-2017 at 20:46 ----------

The Witch - 8/10

Really quite unsettling. Set in 1630, some parts of the story are apparently based on historical documents, which makes it even more disturbing.

Some really good acting (apart from the smallest children but hey ho...)

10 Cloverfield Lane, pretty good, John Goodman excellent as always, 8/10.

10 Cloverfield Lane, pretty good, John Goodman excellent as always, 8/10.

Looks like we've all got through the sky premiers this week;)

It was pretty good and I agree goodman was excellent. But it wasn't as claustrophobic as I thought it could have been - and the musical montage of them doing stuff was lifted, ironically, straight out of a Lost episode I recently watched and I thought Lost did it better. Last 20 minutes was exciting though. No news a sequel which is a shame. 7.5/10

Looks like we've all got through the sky premiers this week;)

It was pretty good and I agree goodman was excellent. But it wasn't as claustrophobic as I thought it could have been - and the musical montage of them doing stuff was lifted, ironically, straight out of a Lost episode I recently watched and I thought Lost did it better. Last 20 minutes was exciting though. No news a sequel which is a shame. 7.5/10

I'm waiting for a sequel to Cloverfield, I loved it, keep hearing rumours but nothing set in stone although when I first heard of 10 Cloverfield Lane I was hoping it was the sequel to Cloverfield.

I'm waiting for a sequel to Cloverfield, I loved it, keep hearing rumours but nothing set in stone although when I first heard of 10 Cloverfield Lane I was hoping it was the sequel to Cloverfield.

Cloverfield lane was a sort of sequel wasn't it? That's how I saw it anyway - although that was my take on it rather than anything official.

Cloverfield lane was a sort of sequel wasn't it? That's how I saw it anyway - although that was my take on it rather than anything official.

As far as I can tell it has nothing really to do with Cloverfield other than very craftily using the word Cloverfield in order to generate huge amounts of publicity pre-release.

The Man From UNCLE 4/10 - Looks good but boring.

The Jungle Book 7/10 - Live action version with nods to the cartoon thats very well done.

As far as I can tell it has nothing really to do with Cloverfield other than very craftily using the word Cloverfield in order to generate huge amounts of publicity pre-release.

If you watch the end the last few minutes is linked to the original.