Vincent Road, S7

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about Vincent Road, Sharrow. I was thinking of moving there but not sure of the road itself. Is it good or bad?

I visited an house there and I liked it, but I'm not very sure of the neighbourhood.

Thanks

I would be wary, maybe have a look at the area on a Friday afternoon, also in the evenings most nights spend a little time looking around

I would be wary, maybe have a look at the area on a Friday afternoon, also in the evenings most nights spend a little time looking around

The problem is that I'm not living in Sheffield right now, I was there just for few days to look for an house to rent...

Hmm, if you're worried about safety, that part of Sheffield has its problems. I would suggest looking at some of the other suburbs which are close to the city centre but much safer, such as further down into Nether Edge or Meersbrook, or if you don't mind being further round, Crookes or (if you can afford it) Hunter's Bar.

Hmm, if you're worried about safety, that part of Sheffield has its problems. I would suggest looking at some of the other suburbs which are close to the city centre but much safer, such as further down into Nether Edge or Meersbrook, or if you don't mind being further round, Crookes or (if you can afford it) Hunter's Bar.

We are also looking in Totley, but it seems very hard to find something there...

Thank you for your advice.

Hi Angela, There is a huge amount of knowledge on the Forum about different neighbourhoods If people have more understanding of what you are looking for in terms of price, schools, work, safety etc. you may get some useful tips.

We are also looking in Totley, but it seems very hard to find something there...

Thank you for your advice.

I see. Totley is a different proposition altogether. Family-orientated/retirees and safe, but far out from the city centre without a huge amount going on. A very different place to Sharrow! What are your priorities re: access to the city centre, parks, bars/restaurants, schools etc.?

I see. Totley is a different proposition altogether. Family-orientated/retirees and safe, but far out from the city centre without a huge amount going on. A very different place to Sharrow! What are your priorities re: access to the city centre, parks, bars/restaurants, schools etc.?

Schools is the first one! Then I would say parks and not necessarly close to the "city centre" but close to some places where I can go shopping

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about Vincent Road, Sharrow. I was thinking of moving there but not sure of the road itself. Is it good or bad?

I visited an house there and I liked it, but I'm not very sure of the neighbourhood.

Thanks

Make sure that your solicitor advises you about leasehold- many houses there are held on leases from the Cecil Settled Estates, and a lot of the leases have quite short terms unexpired.