F1 2015 Megathread

Great win to start the season from Lewis.

Although how other the teams have fallen even further behind is rather shocking. Mercedes seem to in a class of their own til more rule changes occur. Good to see some decent results for Sauber and Ferrari though.

I'm so glad I overlaid and woke up at just gone 6am. Half the race over thankfully, it was very dull.

Interesting to see so many cars fail to make it. I always think that makes for a good opener.

Quite funny though to see that only Jensen didn't get points!

And nice to see Seb on the podium. I hope its not going to be a Mercedes 1-2 all season.

However, I read this the other day:

Bernie Ecclestone backs Red Bull’s call to rein in Mercedes’s F1 dominance

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/16/bernie-ecclestone-f1-red-bull-mercedes-australian-gp

Funny how the shoe was on the other foot in 2012 and 2013 when Red Bull were dominating and everyone else was slinging the muck

Interesting to see so many cars fail to make it. I always think that makes for a good opener.

Quite funny though to see that only Jensen didn't get points!

And nice to see Seb on the podium. I hope its not going to be a Mercedes 1-2 all season.

However, I read this the other day:

Bernie Ecclestone backs Red Bull’s call to rein in Mercedes’s F1 dominance

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/16/bernie-ecclestone-f1-red-bull-mercedes-australian-gp

Funny how the shoe was on the other foot in 2012 and 2013 when Red Bull were dominating and everyone else was slinging the muck

Aye..Red Bull weren't saying that they'd hamstring themselves when they were winning...they need to up their game rather than try to slow Mercedes down..

You have to feel sorry for Manor. Last year they got 2 points in the season and some higher level teams didn't. The Australian GP with only a few serious starter running after the first corner allowed every team bar Renault and Mclaren to gain points more or less ensuring Manor finish last in the championship before their car has even raced.

Aye..Red Bull weren't saying that they'd hamstring themselves when they were winning...they need to up their game rather than try to slow Mercedes down..

Exactly, don't like it now they aren't invincible. I hope the team's do catch up though or it will be a boring season But that's not Mercedes fault

Surprised to hear that there will be no German GP because Bernie is demanding too much.

Sky reported that Bernie wants £2 million from them.

It seems, that we will see another boring season. Mercedes, nothing and then the rest. I don't want to watch F1 anymore.

The hype and bullsh*t are getting too much in F1. Sky and the BBC can bull it up all they want but everybody knows it's a two horse race, and one of them, Hamilton, is odds-on.

I don't know who does the race commentary on BBC but he is bloody annoying.

Well done to Seb, not quite the 2 horse race we thought.

An excellent race, battles all down the field, with the Exception of McLaren, who's only battle is to finish a race.

I wonder if that result will shut the likes of Red Bull up with regards to changing the rules to even things up.

That result could be a one off though.