Owls-Do you want United to get up with us?

What a great bunch of lads us Owls are.I can't believe the replies to the topic on here.If the roles had been reversed i'm sure we would have seen the usual caustic remarks from our younger cousins i take my hat off to you fellow Owls.How you behave when you have been beaten shows part of your character,and how you behave when you are victorious shows all of it,but try not to take the bait of the bitter people on here,yes you know who you are.

This would have been a yes not long back but a few of my friends harping on about recent history (when they didn't actually win any trophies - same as us over the period that they go on about) has made me change my mind. Let them stay there until they change their tune or at least accept a complete history lesson. I'm afraid they are only interested in the bits which suit them.

So basically, you want Utd to stay where they are because of the things your mates said, not because the team deserve to be there. Surely your issue is with your mates and not Utd....

What a great bunch of lads us Owls are.I can't believe the replies to the topic on here.If the roles had been reversed i'm sure we would have seen the usual caustic remarks from our younger cousins i take my hat off to you fellow Owls.How you behave when you have been beaten shows part of your character,and how you behave when you are victorious shows all of it,but try not to take the bait of the bitter people on here,yes you know who you are.

I can assure you that i have said nothing but upmost praise for the Owls in gaining promotion on here, we had our chances (and there was a fair few:hihi::hihi:) but didn't take advantage of them and you deservedly pipped us to the post...

I don't think the Evens issue should come in to it that is not United's fault, there was a marked drop off of form after the case though,I just can not help thinking back a few years ago when we got relegated I don't seem to remember much sympathy from there fans then, what goes round comes round,I think our bad times are behind us now and Wednesday are looking at the premiership next and there will be no stopping us once we get rolling keep up if you can United.:clap:

hiya reading the posts about one or the other team and the derbys when i think back i knew a wednesday fan some fifty years ago, when the derby match at bramall lane i asked him if he was going his reply was, if its burning down i will, so the banter has been around for donkies years, and when i was young i was brought up a half a mile from bramall lane all my family were united and just my dad and me were owls,

willybite, i agree , theres always banter, some of it even humourous, but when that banter turns to out and out lies, based on alledged hear say, surely that post and poster should take a good look at themselves.

Edited by TAT

I can assure you that i have said nothing but upmost praise for the Owls in gaining promotion on here, we had our chances (and there was a fair few:hihi::hihi:) but didn't take advantage of them and you deservedly pipped us to the post...

It wasn't aimed at you mate

I don't think the Evens issue should come in to it that is not United's fault, there was a marked drop off of form after the case though,I just can not help thinking back a few years ago when we got relegated I don't seem to remember much sympathy from there fans then, what goes round comes round,I think our bad times are behind us now and Wednesday are looking at the premiership next and there will be no stopping us once we get rolling keep up if you can United.:clap:

:hihi: and i think my responce would have matched yours word for word, had the boot been on the other foot :hihi: You did not get any sympathy from me nor do i expect any back:hihi:

But one does feel the need to respond to lies and story tellers, enjoy your next season Shogun.

There wasn't too much sympathy from most of the owls fans last season when we were relegated either though... or relegated in 2007...

I said on another thread that it kind of depends on who you are talking too.

I know plenty of decent blades, and for them I'd like to see them promoted.

Similarly, I know a good few obnoxious ones, and for them I'd love to see them stay down.

The same applies to some of the posters on here. There's a lot who gloated when united have finished higher than us, when we got relegated a few years back, and when we failed to get anywhere near promotion last year. there are also those that have tried to belittle us for spending two seasons in league 1, even suggesting a few games ago that we were certain to be spending a third when united would be out in one season.

For those I'd love to see them miss out.

I guess it's just a reflection of who you are dealing with.

On the whole though, I'd like to say I would just to enjoy the derby's - but (even though we have had bragging right of late) they are awful experiences.

Just to go further on that point.

There are a number of posters on here who have continued to try to snipe at the Owls, even after our superiority has been mathematically realised.

Those posters should take a good look at themselves.

Their bitter vitriolic rants are so petty. So pointless. And so self depracating.

Even resorting to personal insults and hiding behind diversionary walls of spiteful abuse, instead of debating the real issue; football.

And it is hurtful that some of our rivals can't and won't accept our crowning as the new reigning monarchs.

And because of that, and those few, I do hope united languish in the lower half of the leagues for seasons aplenty.

I will be honest with you United fans and I come from a long line of Wednesday supporters,when the results come on the TV I always look to see how Wednesday have done and then I next look to see if United have lost:D

Just to go further on that point.

There are a number of posters on here who have continued to try to snipe at the Owls, even after our superiority has been mathematically realised.

Those posters should take a good look at themselves.

Their bitter vitriolic rants are so petty. So pointless. And so self depracating.

Even resorting to personal insults and hiding behind diversionary walls of spiteful abuse, instead of debating the real issue; football.

And it is hurtful that some of our rivals can't and won't accept our crowning as the new reigning monarchs.

And because of that, and those few, I do hope united languish in the lower half of the leagues for seasons aplenty.

Congratulations Frank.First on your teams promotion and second on posting the most ironic thing i've ever read.:)

I will be honest with you United fans and I come from a long line of Wednesday supporters,when the results come on the TV I always look to see how Wednesday have done and then I next look to see if United have lost:D

Ah theres where we differ:hihi: AM USUALLY AT THE MATCH, but admit the Owls result is one of the first i look out for afterwards.