Bonfires and firework displays in Sheffield - Megathread

Does anyone know if the cricket club on the top of fox lane "s12" is having a bonfire this year ? Normally they leave the gates open to the carpark for people to drop wood ect of for the bonfire but up to now they havent been open i have some old gates i was going to take there and i was going to attend the night as i have every year since moving to frechville.

Hollinsend Cricket Club is having a bonfire again this year. The fire will be lit at 6:30pm this year - little earlier following requests from the public. The gate has been kept closed this year to cut down on the fly tipping and dumping of non-combustible rubbish. Last year, we had to pay for skips to remove mattresses, water tanks (!), scrap metal, etc. If you have timber, not hedge clippings / brushwood; feel free to bring it along on the morning of the 5th or send me an email to bryan.lodge@btinternet.com to make arrangements for the gate to be opened. Sorry to have to take such draconian measures this year but unfortunately, a few unscrupulous individuals take advantage of what is meant to be a event to dump their rubbish.

KK well thats great to hear, i have 2 old gates and some old skirting i will fetch them up on the 5th i take it you or someone will be there most of the day i hope you get enough wood to have a bonfire like last few yrs as it seems short notice for you to build up the wood , but im sure you have some sort of plan in action to get enough wood on the 5th ps thanks for the reply and i will be up on the 5th for a pint and support your bonfire as i have for many years.

Should be enough wood as there is a 40 cubic foot skip of wood arriving on Monday - with possibility of getting more if we feel that's not enough! I'll see you on Thursday as I'll be behind the bar at some point and possibly setting off the fireworks.

Edited by bglodge
Wrong day put in for bonfire night. Doh!

Having just moved to S20 area we are wanting to know if there are any good organised Bonfire Night/Firework displays around Mosborough/Eckington etc?

Be really good if there was one near a pub too!! Anyone know of any?

Thanks

Not on bonfire night, but Oct 30th.Rother Valley are having a firework display and fun fair rides etc. Full details on their website.

Ridgeway arms pub normally have one on bonfire night

Ridgeway arms pub normally have one on bonfire night

Not had one for about 4 years due to strict new health and safety rules.

after dark is excellant at sheffield don valley

Hollinsend Cricket Club will be hosting it's free annual community bonfire on 5th November on Fox Lane. Frecheville. Licensed bar, food, etc all available.