Parking at the Francis Newton pub

Not disputing wetherspoons have to keep the carpark for pub users. You misunderstood. I think it is the point that if you keep complying you are adding to the problem though.

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 15:03 ----------

What about all the people who pay 'invoices' from private companies. If these companies did not exist this wouldnt happen. If more people 'grew a pair' and stopped thinking about themselves and their 'inconviniences' we'd all be better off.

Not if we could no longer use the pub cark park and miss out on the opportunity to eat there when we want to.

What method should the Francis Newtron use to provide a car park for just its customers?

Not if we could no longer use the pub cark park and miss out on the opportunity to eat there when we want to.

What method should the Francis Newtron use to provide a car park for just its customers?

So what if europark decide to charge double, then wetherspoons decide to not issue refunds? then what happens, where are you going to park? all because certain people decided to obey the terms set by europark. Or indeed any private company issuing invoices.

And when this happens are private companies more or less likely to expand? are the companies using them more and less likely to use this method of extorting money from customers?

Do you really think europark and wetherspoons have your best interests at heart?? do you think they act fairly? OF COURSE NOT! they are there to profit from you as much as you will allow them to.

It's whats called the 'thin end of the wedge' my friend.

Edited by TJC1

Not disputing wetherspoons have to keep the carpark for pub users. You misunderstood. I think it is the point that if you keep complying you are adding to the problem though.

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 15:03 ----------

What about all the people who pay 'invoices' from private companies. If these companies did not exist this wouldnt happen. If more people 'grew a pair' and stopped thinking about themselves and their 'inconviniences' we'd all be better off.

I actually think charging and reimbursing a small amount like the francis Newton do stops these companies from bullying unsuspecting motorists. If there's a pay and display system then people know its private land and anyone who doesn't know these invoices are uninforceable cannot be bullied for not seeing the signs.

So what if europark decide to charge double, then wetherspoons decide to not issue refunds? then what happens, where are you going to park? all because certain people decided to obey the terms set by europark. Or indeed any private company issuing invoices.

And when this happens are private companies more or less likely to expand? are the companies using them more and less likely to use this method of extorting money from customers?

Do you really think europark and wetherspoons have your best interests at heart?? do you think they act fairly? OF COURSE NOT! they are there to profit from you as much as you will allow them to.

It's whats called the 'thin end of the wedge' my friend.

Of course they’re out to make a profit. What company in its right mind isn’t? I’m not a shareholder in Wetherspoons, but I am an occasional customer. I’m quite happy for them to make a profit. If they don’t they will shut down and I will not have the option of eating there. If they want to keep me as a customer they will offer a service that meets my needs. I’m not a prisoner of Wetherspoons and I doubt if anyone else is either. If they stop refunding parking ticket costs (whether the parking charges go up or not) I would then reconsider whether it’s still worth my while to eat there. In dealings with Wetherspoons and similar, I can and will vote with my feet (or my car in this case). If the service doesn’t meet my needs, then I will go elsewhere. Similarly, if they fail to have any parking spaces available when I arrive there, then I will also go elsewhere.

Can you now answer the earlier question which you conveniently ignored, “What method should the Francis Newton use to provide a car park for just its customers? “

Of course they’re out to make a profit. What company in its right mind isn’t? I’m not a shareholder in Wetherspoons, but I am an occasional customer. I’m quite happy for them to make a profit. If they don’t they will shut down and I will not have the option of eating there. If they want to keep me as a customer they will offer a service that meets my needs. I’m not a prisoner of Wetherspoons and I doubt if anyone else is either. If they stop refunding parking ticket costs (whether the parking charges go up or not) I would then reconsider whether it’s still worth my while to eat there. In dealings with Wetherspoons and similar, I can and will vote with my feet (or my car in this case). If the service doesn’t meet my needs, then I will go elsewhere. Similarly, if they fail to have any parking spaces available when I arrive there, then I will also go elsewhere.

Can you now answer the earlier question which you conveniently ignored, “What method should the Francis Newton use to provide a car park for just its customers? “

I think you missed the point again which is about private car parking companies, not wetherspoons.

I think you missed the point again which is about private car parking companies, not wetherspoons.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I also understand that you are talking a load of rubbish.

Other situations might be different, but in this case a private company provides a service to Wetherspoons, to try and ensure that there are enough parking spaces for its customers. It’s a bit of a blunt instrument, but it only exists at that site because Wetherspoons want to stop those people who ignore that it is a private car park.

As growup has pointed out. The car park is well signed, as is the pay and display. It works fine for the users of Wetherspoons, so why would they want to change it?

What alternative do you suggest?

I understand exactly what you are saying. I also understand that you are talking a load of rubbish.

Other situations might be different, but in this case a private company provides a service to Wetherspoons, to try and ensure that there are enough parking spaces for its customers. It’s a bit of a blunt instrument, but it only exists at that site because Wetherspoons want to stop those people who ignore that it is a private car park.

As growup has pointed out. The car park is well signed, as is the pay and display. It works fine for the users of Wetherspoons, so why would they want to change it?

What alternative do you suggest?

You obviously don't understand.

You obviously don't understand.

Please explain then.

And while you're at it, can you suggest what Wetherspoons can do to protect their car park from unauthorised use?

Edited by Eater Sundae
amended the meaning.

Please explain then.

And while you're at it, can you suggest what Wetherspoons can do to protect their car park from unauthorised use?

I've explained. You either can't read or are too dumb to understand.

Either way I can't be bothered to find out.

I think it is the point that if you keep complying you are adding to the problem though

What are you on about?

Wetherspoons provide a car park to attract people to their pub.

If this car park is a "free for all" then it'll get over-run with hospital people (who aren't using the pub).

So there's a token charge (£1/ hour?) for the car park, that you can redeem at the bar (lets face it - anyone in the pub is going to end up spending a lot more than that), which makes your parking free.

There's no problem here (well, not until you started complaining)

I've explained. You either can't read or are too dumb to understand.

Either way I can't be bothered to find out.

Fair enough. I've gone to the trouble to re-read your posts. I do understand what you have said, and it is still rubbish.

And I see that you are STILL unable to answer my question. I can't say I'm surprised.

This has changed now, the car park is free for the first 90 minutes, then you have to pay after that. If you park after 4.30 it is completely free as it is free after 6pm, so with the free 90 mins you don't have to pay.