Labour have candidates standing for election in Rotherham!

Hard to believe I know, but labour have actually got candidates standing for election in Rotherham this week. After all their failings with the child abuse etc. Some people have no shame. They should be hanging their heads low.

You think that's bad? Wait until the election results come in and you see how many thousands still vote Labour.

Hard to believe I know, but labour have actually got candidates standing for election in Rotherham this week. After all their failings with the child abuse etc. Some people have no shame. They should be hanging their heads low.

Even harder to believe is that they will win.

Some would vote for a pig wearing a red rosette in t'north. Blind loyalty is disappointing at best.

There have been grooming scandals in places like Aylesbury Vale too, which as far as I know has been predominantly Conservative run....

It's nothing new, the scandal broke not long before the last election.

Labour were voted straight back into the seats in Westminster and on the council.

The people of Rotherham have really got the council they deserve!

It's nothing new, the scandal broke not long before the last election.

Labour were voted straight back into the seats in Westminster and on the council.

The people of Rotherham have really got the council they deserve!

But I don't deserve such an appalling council, this is why I don't like the idea of devolution of power to councils.

There have been grooming scandals in places like Aylesbury Vale too, which as far as I know has been predominantly Conservative run....

There have been grooming scandals in many places, but it takes a certain mentality of council official to turn a blind eye to it for a decade and a half out of political correctness to certain ethnic minorities. That's what makes Rotherham special. That and council officials suspending officers who were actually trying to stop it happening.

In places like Aylesbury the perpetrators were from a similar ethnic background to those in Rotherham, and when the facts came to light they were arrested and prosecuted. Isn't that how the system is supposed to work?

hard to believe I know but conservatives have actually got candidates standing for election in Sheffield what with all their failings with Hillsborough/orgreave etc some people have no shame:D

hard to believe I know but conservatives have actually got candidates standing for election in Sheffield what with all their failings with Hillsborough/orgreave etc some people have no shame:D

Apart from the fact that Sheffield Council was responsible for ensuring Hillsborough Football Ground had a valid safety certificate, but failed to do so. The ground was policed by South Yorkshire Police who were supposed to look after crowd control, but didn't.

Some would vote for a pig wearing a red rosette in t'north. Blind loyalty is disappointing at best.

And some would vote for Pork if it had a Blue rosette on it. Unfortunately you can't educate Pork but you can educate the people, if you leave the teachers enough breathing space to do it instead of changing everything every six months. Oh sorry I forgot the Conservatives don't want the rest of the population educated just confused by the constant twirling of the merry go round of change they try to sit everyone on, after they said " there will be no top down change" :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

There have been grooming scandals in many places, but it takes a certain mentality of council official to turn a blind eye to it for a decade and a half out of political correctness to certain ethnic minorities. That's what makes Rotherham special. That and council officials suspending officers who were actually trying to stop it happening.

In places like Aylesbury the perpetrators were from a similar ethnic background to those in Rotherham, and when the facts came to light they were arrested and prosecuted. Isn't that how the system is supposed to work?

From what I recall the victims were referred by a local charity to the local authority as being in danger of exploitation, however the council didn't respond in a timely manner. Consequently the council issued an apology.

Ultimately though it shouldn't matter what political stripe the council is where ever the abuse happens. As you say, these grooming gangs seem to be operating in lots of places.

I don't know what the solution is, but the idea that one political party should wear sackcloth and ashes forever, or at least until their political opponents deem that they have done their penance, whilst conveniently ignoring the scandals in their own back yard is a nonsense.