Is Jeremy Corbyn fiddling his taxes?

It seems that all of a sudden Jeremy Corbyn is getting rather reluctant to reveal details of his tax affairs.

Not only did he file his returns late and pick up a fine of £100. It later transpired that he seemed to have failed to include his state pension. Now more irregularities seem to be coming out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/13/jeremy-corbyn-failed-to-declare-third-pension-on-tax-return/

Jeremy Corbyn failed to declare a third pension on his HMRC tax form, it has emerged, as he refused to disclose documents regarding his full tax declaration last night.

Following the Labour leader's admission that he neglected to include his state pension or previous local government pension on his tax return, a spokesman for Mr Corbyn said yesterday that a third pension was also missed off the official document.

It did however puzzle me that someone who has earned so much had claimed not to have any savings. Of course most types of savings are taxed at source. But they are usually taxed at the low rate of tax. High rate taxpayers like Mr Corbyn are expected to include savings etc on their tax returns so that higher rate tax can be deducted.

Edited by foxy lady

I think it's incompetence rather than fraud, but that doesn't look good either.

It's spelled 'fiddling' by the way.

Haha! :hihi::thumbsup:

Indeeed it is. Thank you. Mind you it isn't a crime to make a typo unless it is missing out the odd figure on a tax return.

told you before foxy labour mps can be as forgetful as tory ones :hihi:

He'd be incredibly stupid to even think about fiddling his taxes, it's just a mistake.

Should be also be named a flip flop too going by his voting to leave the EU in the past.

---------- Post added 14-04-2016 at 11:49 ----------

He'd be incredibly stupid to even think about fiddling his taxes, it's just a mistake.

If the guy can't do his own tax return correctly, how are we to trust him with the entire country's finances?

It's also quite apt that last weeks onslaught against Cameron has now turned and bit him in the ass.

It's also quite apt that last weeks onslaught against Cameron has now turned and bit him in the ass.

Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Brown and Blair obviously live in very fragile glass houses :)

Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Brown and Blair obviously live in very fragile glass houses :)

It's more a house of cards :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If the guy can't do his own tax return correctly, how are we to trust him with the entire country's finances?

we talking about Cameron here

we talking about Cameron here

No, we're talking about Corbyn. You see the thread title is about him and every post apart from yours refers to him and his cack handed approach to form-filling.

Has that cleared it up?

For the record, I don't think he's on the fiddle, I just don't think he understands his tax return. That's not a crime either, I bet a fair chunk of MPs across the board don't either, but equally suspect they'd employ someone who does.