BT announces price hikes for landline and broadband customers

It's shame people don't group together and all stop using certain things/brands to squeeze some companies a bit.

With all social media these days, it would be so much easier than in the past. No one's bothered though when it comes to effort.

Imagine if everyone in Sheffield rang and cancelled their subscriptions tomorrow, this went 'viral' :gag:, we got another city to support it and others join in, we could easily push the prices down. And before Sky's shareholder start getting aroused, we state that next week you're next! then any other big names :nono:

The truth is most will just keep paying it. Only a couple of years ago when I joined this latest one, it was about £35 a month (which I still think is outrageous!) when I look now it's about £65! They sneak it up, then you get a letter saying this is now £5 a month more, ring this number if you no longer want it, and can't get through. I gave up like most people do, it's an OPT-OUT society now.

Imagine if everyone in Sheffield rang and cancelled their subscriptions tomorrow, this went 'viral' :gag:, we got another city to support it and others join in, we could easily push the prices down.

Trouble with that is you are bound by the contract so to end it before time you will also have to pay.

A classic "short and curlies" small print job..

Trouble with that is you are bound by the contract so to end it before time you will also have to pay.

A classic "short and curlies" small print job..

Ah yes. A slight amendment to the plan then... everyone who has finished their initial contract? :hihi:

Reading this morning BT made profits of £3.5 billion prior to the increase, Sky profits were up 12% to £1.1 billion. BT is softening the blow by announcing a pledge to repair faults faster and offering free upgrades. Does this mean they have been slacking or are they taking on more engineers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/bt-pockets-profits-35billion-just-7900285

Line Rental is money for nothing and all Telecoms providers do it. Its how they subsidise the cheap calls/BB costs. There is nothing you can do about it.

Line Rental is money for nothing and all Telecoms providers do it. Its how they subsidise the cheap calls/BB costs. There is nothing you can do about it.

All telecoms providers are charged by BT for line rental so have to pass that charge on somehow. But yes there is little you can do but complain to the minister responsible.

All telecoms providers are charged by BT for line rental so have to pass that charge on somehow. But yes there is little you can do but complain to the minister responsible.

Line rental for the providers is approx £8 the last time I checked.

They've got to find all that money they used to pay for the broadcast rights to the football from somewhere.

If you don't want to help BT pay for sports, move to another supplier if you can.

and all the Holywood celebrities advertising it.

Half the cast of X-men are flogging Sky's broadband at the minute, that can't be cheap!!

Line rental for the providers is approx £8 the last time I checked.

That's probably why I only paid £8 for Talktalk line rental last year.

According to the following website, existing BT customers with Infinity-1 will automatically be upgraded to the ( up to ) 52MB download speed and an

increase in cloud storage.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/faster-speeds-and-500gb-free-cloud-storage-discover-why-bt-broadband-is-getting-even-better-for-many-customers-11364056159626

And if you are an existing BT Infinity 1 or Unlimited BT Infinity 1 customer, BT has started

upgrading lines that will support the higher speed, so you don’t have to do anything to enjoy

the speed increase. BT will let you know when it’s done.

I've just had an email offering me a discount on my BT services if I commit to another contract.

That's probably why I only paid £8 for Talktalk line rental last year.

But the trade off is that Talk Talk regularly gives your data away, thanks to terrible security. I'm amazed anyone still uses them.