Sheffield tax office

can someone let me know where you go to see about my tax code,it used to be on young st but told its moved but dont no where any help please ?

You can no longer visit the HMRC office in Sheffield. It is at Concept House. However not open to the public.

You have to ring a helpline and wait for 20 minutes until someone answers.

You see nobody ever wanted face to face advice at Concept House so we shut all the enquiry centres.

In reality we restricted opening hours and made people ring helplines and go online to such an extent that footfall went down and the powers that be could therefore justify shutting every single enquiry centre in the country.

From 2020 there will only be 13 offices throughout the entire UK. So much for "relentlessly pursuing tax evaders". Hopefully by then I'll be doing something more worthwhile and less soul destroying, like working in a supermarket.

Try ringing at different times.

Sometimes it's 20 minute wait, sometimes you get connected straight away.

You have to ring a helpline and wait for 20 minutes until someone answers.

You see nobody ever wanted face to face advice at Concept House so we shut all the enquiry centres.

In reality we restricted opening hours and made people ring helplines and go online to such an extent that footfall went down and the powers that be could therefore justify shutting every single enquiry centre in the country.

From 2020 there will only be 13 offices throughout the entire UK. So much for "relentlessly pursuing tax evaders". Hopefully by then I'll be doing something more worthwhile and less soul destroying, like working in a supermarket.

You've always struck me as a likeable chap … now you've just proved it. Honesty like this is rare and I applaud you. Good luck with your new job which I'm sure will be a tad better than shelf stacking! :thumbsup:

can someone let me know where you go to see about my tax code,it used to be on young st but told its moved but dont no where any help please ?

I queried mine using the online form, put all my details in there re pension, professional subscriptions etc. A week or so later, I had a new tax code. No need for a phone call or trip to the tax office.