Car Dealers - Preparing cars for collection after purchase.

I bought a second hand car yesterday expecting to drive away either today or tomorrow, not so i must wait until the 24th Dec to collect. The dealer told me they need time to MOT it,Service it and do a valet, all these things can be easily achieved in a working day. So why must i wait a week to get my car which i paid cash for. The same thing happened to my step son, a week before he could collect. Is this standard procedure.

I had to wait a week to collect mine too, I believe it was down to the volume of cars they sell and having to join the back of the queue.

jb

Depends on the place where you get it. I always ask how long delivery will be before signing anything. If I don't like the answer I make it very clear that I don't and demand the car to be ready in a few days. If it is the deal-breaker than they will comply.

I bought a second hand car yesterday expecting to drive away either today or tomorrow, not so i must wait until the 24th Dec to collect. The dealer told me they need time to MOT it,Service it and do a valet, all these things can be easily achieved in a working day. So why must i wait a week to get my car which i paid cash for. The same thing happened to my step son, a week before he could collect. Is this standard procedure.

Thats the problem,they have got what they want,so no need to rush.:(

It might depend on what work they do on site and what they don't.

If the car has to go to a mechanic to do the service, then off to another place for it's MOT, and then they have to get a car valeting geezer in to polish it up that can take time.

I'd imagine they have a bloke come round once a week or something and spend an entire day cleaning cars.

Thats the problem,they have got what they want,so no need to rush.:(

If you have paid 100% of the cost and three others have paid a 10% deposit it stands to reason that yours will be shunted backwards, that way he gets the rest of the cash from the other three whilst yours is tucked up snugly in his account.

I'll bet you remember next time.:thumbsup:

so let me get this straight:rolleyes: you paid cash upfront for a car you cant collect until next week:loopy: they saw you coming:o

Oh well, live and learn, I'll try and chivvy them up a bit, was wondering if it was a cooling off period or waiting for the money to clear into their account.