Has thank you become redundant?

Don't people say thanks any more?

I have recently given 2 distant family members online access to the family tree that I have spent 42 years (and a lot of money) compiling.

Neither have had the decency to say thank you. I shouldn't have expected it from one of them. I am still waiting for thanks for his wedding present.

It really depresses me, especially as I always make a point of saying thanks for even the smallest token/help given to me.

I don't think it's a recent thing,it's just the way some people are. I wouldn'nt have anything more to do with them.

As I said to a colleague last week...there's a*****les everywhere.

That being said, with my close family members, these things go without saying.

There's also a possibility, and I'm only guessing from my own experience, that really you did this family tree for your own interest as a hobby and your family members were simply humouring you by feigning interest.

I was asked for the family tree. I have never pushed it on anyone, and never would.

If I didn't get a simple thank you for granting them access to all that hard work, I'd revoke that access so fast it would make their heads spin.

ETA: And 'thank you' hasn't become redundant; being a rude, entitled tosser is flourishing, though.

I ALWAYS say please and thank you for everything, no matter how small or trivial it may seem. It's called common courtesy....It just mystifies me, why people don't.

Manners are dying a sad death it has to be said.Only this morning i held to post office door open for a couple of people and neither said a word. One of them when passing almost took me out with a leg sweep Jonny would have been proud of mind but still, not even a thanks or anything.

I've Kept me manners, and Judge it by age, oap's get a please & Thank-you, and my generation get a cheer's & Tar.

Agree with Hecate, Being ignorant is the Norm nowadays.

I agree, the selfish/ignorant thing has become more prevalent these days. However in some countries that's how it's always been. Many countries find the fact we apologise so much very odd :)

Why don't people challenge behaviour then ?

Don't people say thanks any more?

I have recently given 2 distant family members online access to the family tree that I have spent 42 years (and a lot of money) compiling.

Neither have had the decency to say thank you. I shouldn't have expected it from one of them. I am still waiting for thanks for his wedding present.

It really depresses me, especially as I always make a point of saying thanks for even the smallest token/help given to me.

I'm sure lots of people have thanked you for things recently.

If you just wanted to complain about your two distant relatives, then just do it.

So they're either ignorant, don't like it, or they received many wedding gifts and haven't sent out thank you's to everyone yet.

Why don't people challenge behaviour then ?

Probably because if they're ignorant enough to not have any manners, then they're probably ignorant enough to give you a fump in the froat!...haha