Phone scam beware

Had a phone call today from 0843 724 0341 claiming to be hsbc Santander and Halifax and to have a refund on our bank account and to press 5, pressed 5 and the people were really sketchy so we put the phone down.

Called them back and it says pension review team!!!

Phoned the bank and its a known telephone scam to get your bank details, please pass this on so nobody gets stung this close to Christmas

Go's without saying, if your bank asks for your bank details it's probably not your bank.

Had a phone call today from 0843 724 0341 claiming to be hsbc Santander and Halifax and to have a refund on our bank account and to press 5, pressed 5 and the people were really sketchy so we put the phone down.

Phoned the bank and its a known telephone scam to get your bank details, please pass this on so nobody gets stung this close to Christmas

Let me guess Indian call centre? These chancers also try to pretend to be Microsoft saying my october has a virus. Glad you are warning folk.

Go's without saying, if your bank asks for your bank details it's probably not your bank.

And pressing 5 has probably cost you £300.

Get at least 3 of these every day on my answer machine, press 5 to claim your refund or 9 to cancel.

Let me guess Indian call centre? These chancers also try to pretend to be Microsoft saying my october has a virus. Glad you are warning folk.

Ok I know October is a month, but am I missing something here?:huh:

You can call the ICO with the details who then map the data and deal with them accordingly

You can call the ICO with the details who then map the data and deal with them accordingly

as they are most likely overseas the only way to deal with them would be with a plausibly deniable drone strike

Genuine question - what can they do with your bank details? They are on every cheque that you draw so not exactly a secret.

Ok I know October is a month, but am I missing something here?:huh:

October = typing error / predictive text for 'computer'?

And pressing 5 has probably cost you £300.

Get at least 3 of these every day on my answer machine, press 5 to claim your refund or 9 to cancel.

There's no way that pressing a button can cost you money.

---------- Post added 16-12-2014 at 14:56 ----------

Genuine question - what can they do with your bank details? They are on every cheque that you draw so not exactly a secret.

They ask for your security code as well and log in to your online banking. Poof, money gone.